¦14¦

"So you wanna play with magic? Boy, you should know what you're fallin' for. Baby, do you dare to do this? 'Cause I'm coming at you like a dark horse. Are you ready for, ready for, a perfect storm, perfect storm? 'Cause once you're mine, once you're mine, there's no going back"

It was the last day of school before Christmas break. Lola and the rest of the Serpents, aside form Jughead, had decided to skip school so they could wrap the presents they would give to those who needed them. Lola had always loved the idea of the tradition but never got to help because of her dad. This year, she could.

They all stood around a table in silence until Fangs decided to speak up. "So, you two a thing now?" he questioned, while smirking at Lola and Sweet Pea. Lola could feel the blood rush to her cheeks. She looked at the ground, not wanting them to see her blush. However, she smiled brightly when she felt a warm hand clasp around hers.

Looking up, Lola's eyes met with those familiar dark brown ones which stared at her that first day in Southside High. Everything had changed so much since then. In some ways, her new life could have been considered a nightmare, but in moments like this one right now, she was living in a dream. She wouldn't change any of it if she was given the opportunity.

"I'll take that as a yes" Toni muttered, making Lola realise they had been staring at each other without answering Fangs. Lola smiled at the tall Serpent beside her before turning back to work in silence. Her mind was filled with thought of the boy beside her. It was like a pieve of her that she never knew was missing had returned to her.

Lola couldn't help but giggle when she saw Sweet Pea struggling beside her. He was trying, and failing, to wrap a gift. It ended up looking like a ball of paper and tape. "It's not that hard to wrap a present, you know" she taunted.

Sweet Pea scowled at her, causing Toni and Fangs to laugh at the pair. Lola sent him a playful look before taking the gift in her hands as well, guiding Sweet Pea's hands. She could sense Toni and Fangs smirking at the two of them but she didn't mind. All she was paying attention to was the warm yet rough feel of Sweet Pea's hands around hers.

As the two laughed at their silliness, the doors swung open and in walked Jughead. He looked at the group in confusion. Lola had forgotten this was his first Christmas as a Serpent. "What is all this?" he asked, gesturing to the table. Lola smiled back at him. "It's Serpent Tradition" she explained, knowing Jughead would like this. 

"Every year, we give back to the Southside. Toys for Tots, Meals on Wheels, kids and old folks living alone" Toni continued. "The Hells Angels do it" Fangs chimed in. Lola could see a small smile creep onto Jugehad's face as he walked over to them.

"I'm always down for charitable works" he began. "Hey, have you seen my dad?" Lola frowned, now realising why he was here. He was worried about his dad and the Snake Charmer. It was known now by most of the Serpents what was happening. Everyone figured she had something on FP, but no one knew what.

Lola was about to answer when in walked the man himself. "Why aren't you in school?" FP asked, walking down the steps to meet them. "Uh, it's a half-day before break" Jughead explained. Lola had no idea if he was telling the truth or not since she hadn't even bothered to go in that day. But, based off his stutter, she assumed he was lying to hide the fact that he was checking up on his dad.

"Well, in that case, you can hold down the fort here, Jug" FP answered, not questioning him. Lola frowned at FP. They must be going to do a job for Penny. "Or I could go with you guys" Jughead said, hopefully. Lola's eyes widened at this and she unknowingly tightened her grip on Sweet Pea's hand. Jughead may have done a job for Penny before, but it was still dangerous and she promised herself that she would protect him.