¦21¦

"Ready, set, time to be a fighter. Don't look down, keep on climbing higher. Be yourself, 'cause heroes shine in different ways. And when your voice can't make a sound, just know we hear you all around. Don't need to fit into the crowd, to be a force of nature. We're gonna be, we're gonna be, we're gonna be the best. They're gonna see, they're gonna see that we were born for this"

Aside from the minor hiccup of the Serpent logo on the school seal, the school day went by fairly smoothly. Sweet Pea never mentioned anything more of Reggie Mantle or the fact that Lola had forgiven him. Lola could sense he wasn't happy about it but was glad that he didn't argue with her over it. She didn't need the stress right now.

The Serpents now all sat together  in the White Wyrm. Most of them had gotten over the fact that they couldn't wear their Serpent jackets in school, even Lola. They were in a much better position in Riverdale High than they had been in Southside High, so if they had to take off their jackets for a few hours to stay there, they didn't mind.

However, one Serpent couldn't seem to take it. Of course, saud Serpent was none other than Jughead Jones. While everyone sat around the bar, only half listening, Jughead rambled on, complaining about Weatherbee. Everyone else had clearly lost interest, only mumbling short answers to satisfy him.

"I can't believe you guys don't even see it" Jughead was saying, pacing around. "Weatherbee is profiling us. Telling us what to wear. What's next? Brain implants controllin what we think?" he exclaimed in frustration.

Lola rolled her eyes at her overly dramatic best friend. "Calm down, Jug" she sighed, walking over to where Sweet Pea was playing an arcade game. "Jughead, you sound like a conspiracy nut" Toni said, rolling her eyes.

Lola snorted at this. "That's 'cause he is one" she stated. She heard Sweet Pea chuckle beside her, still not fully prying his attention away from the arcade game. "A school closed down" Toni continued, apparently not acknowledging Lola's comment.

"A crappy school" Sweet Pea chimed in. Lola rolled her eyes at him as he remained focused on whatever game he was playing. "Yeah, and now we're at a better one, with a co.puter lab and text books" Toni listed off, trying to convince Jughead that this was a good thing.

"And toilets that flush" Sweet Pea interrupted again, earning himself a glare from both Toni and Lola. "Getting transferred to Riverdale High is the best thing that could've happened" Toni said again, ignoring Sweet Pea.

"Maybe ever" the tall Serpent interrupted, again. This time, Lola shoved her elbow into his side,signalling for him to shut up. He looked at her, confused slightly, but quickly returned his attention to the game he was trying to beat. He had to have been on his fourth attempt by now.

"So if I have to take off my jacket eight-thirty to three, Monday to Friday, hey, I'm down with that" Toni finished, looking over to Jughead. The boy looked to Lola, seemingly expecting her to agree with him.

Lola sighed, knowing she couldn't give Jughead the answer he was looking for. "She's right, Jug" Lola stated, half smiling at the boy. Jughead sighed, turning on his foot and walking out the door.

Toni began to get up, as if she was about to chase him down. "Don't" Lola deadpanned, still looking at the door which Jughead had just exited through. Toni looked at the girl, confusion written all over her face.

"It's no use. If we haven't gotten through to him already then were not going to. It's best to just leave him" Lola sighed, finally ripping her eyes away from the door. She hoped they had made Jughead realise that they were right, but there was still a chance they hadn't.