Chapter 28

The celebrations were going on full swing. If Serene was scared for her protection, she didn't show it. I am in charge of security of the Queen. I appointed myself as her personal security guard so that she will not feel overburdened  by the number of guards around her. All the security details are reported directly to me, Harry made sure of it.

Mine and Harry's relation is sort of on and off. Sometimes we talk as if we were the best of friends else we ignore each other as a disease. Nothing in between.

We all now gathered at the courtroom waiting for the King. He asked us to assemble to discuss something important.

"Hi my fellow mates, we gather here to discuss about the uproar taken place two days ago. My trackers got ample information about the intruder. Ayith, could you please give the records of this man".

A six feet three inch, well tailored, clean shaven young man with sharp jawline and chocolate brown eyes came forward and handed over a document to Harry, bowed down and taken his original place.

"The warrior goes by the name Thomas, he's the Beta of Vampire cult. His background seems to be clean", Harry said out loud.

"Let us call him to the court and ask him what actually happened", saying so Harry called another warrior and asked him to get Thomas.

The entire courtroom became silent waiting for the events to unfold. Thomas is being led by four other warriors walking alongside him and surrounding him from all sides.

The sound of the footsteps echoing the hall matches the beat of my heart. Fast and excited. I felt someone hit my shoulders. "You looking excited, may we know the reason", Drake murmured.

I didn't feel necessary to give him a reply. The group stood directly in front of the Queen and the King.

"Speak", ordered Harry. Thomas gave a stern expression which went unnoticed by other members but not by me. Why did he not like the authority of the King, maybe because he doesn't think Harry to be his King.

"I am Thomas, Beta of Master Renza". No sooner did the words left his mouth, than he was pushed down on the ground and his hands were held back and chained. The guards started punching and hitting the man unnecessarily.

I could see worry etched on Harry's face. What caused so much trouble. "Guards, let him speak", said William, who came for the baby shower of Serene.

Thomas coughed and vomited blood on the mosaic flooring. "He intends to make Queen his. He failed in wooing the Queen before, now he wants to keep the queen for himself. But when he came to know that she's mated to you again, he decided to wage a war like the old times and kill the King, once for all". There was pindrop silence after his declaration.

Harry's life is in trouble. "But you told the Queen's life is in trouble" I piped in coming out of my cover and standing on the left on Serene.

Thomas eyes started searching for the voice and when his eyes met mine, bam everything stopped for a second. Its like an invisible string tied to mine and his heart. My ground dissolved and am held solely by his existence.

Thomas eyes registered shock, followed by denial and acceptance. "Mate" the word left his lips, bringing immense joy in me. I gave out a thousand watt smile to him, blushing I hid myself behind Serene.

Rattling sound of chains is followed by growling. I see Thomas struggling with his chains and guards to get me. There is shock on everyone's face, but most affected was Harry. His face was as if he swallowed a lemon.

I moved towards Thomas when I am held back by Harry. "You don't know him. It's not safe to be around him", he said. Though practically he was right, my heart said otherwise.