Chapter 9

I have this strange feeling that this isn't going to be good and these days my feelings usually come true.

“ I am William, the Alpha of the pack and this is Ben, the Beta”, said William.

“Pack as in a pack of wolves and Alpha as in it's leader right?”questioned a guy I believed to be Adam. Yes, this is the person I met in the forest.

“You are correct pup, but I expect no more interventions until I complete.”

William continued, “ We are not humans, we are werewolves, likely shape shifters, yes like in twilight or whatever movies you watched about werewolves. Yes we do have a destined partner, termed as mate. Yes we are strong, fast, possessive and all the shit you heard about werewolves in the movies. We are all that and more.”

“We are not here to fight among ourselves for territory or power, but to fight together for a greater cause.”

Wait a sec, what is going on. I didn't sign for this. Where is my life leading me. This is not happening werewolves,then where does it leave us.

“ There was an era where there is nothing but bliss. The reign of Sperimens. Magnamag, the kingdom they rule, meaning great magic. These people were powerful sorcerers. That was a period where only two races existed in the world, sorcerer and non-magicians. But after a terrible night, it lead to the birth of various other kind like vampires, werewolves, demonic people came into existence.”

There was a pin drop silence lingering around. No one dared to open their mouth. Even if they did, what will they say. Please stop this shit. No way this is real.

“We were born for the greater good and all of us were connected to the princess of Magnamag. Generations has passed waiting to feel the connection towards the princess after her untimely demise. Her death is still a mystery and no one knows, not even her husband, the reason for her death.”

That is deep, how can a person be drop dead. There must be some reason behind the death right and if there isn't then at least she must have died out of natural cause. How can someone's death be untimely. No one decides when to die. There is too much to understand and my brain can't take it all.

There were murmurings going on in parallel. “ My children, have more patience and allow me complete” said William.

“Now that the bond has awoken and every individual could feel it. Your generation has got the privilege to serve the kingdom. Utilize it and make us and your ancestors proud. This is all for today. Please go back and rest. Let the mystery unravel.”, saying so William walked away leaving behind a bunch of unanswered questions.

Nothing has prepared me to this, first break up,then those crazy dreams and now werewolves. I am not staying here, I'm done with this nonsense. If I pack my bag and leave, people will start getting suspicious. I don't want them on my trail. Act normal Mia. We'll leave this place soon enough.

“What are you plotting up there, Mia?”,Reed questioned out of blue. “What plotting, nothing,I'm just getting my brain along all what William spoke”,I tried covering.

“Well it's crazy,but I think I'll survive, it's not everyday you get to know that you are a werewolf. Wow, amazing”

I guess my cousin needs counseling, but who am I to disclose that. I simply smiled and left the training field. I started searching for the exit which would be deserted enough to make my escape smooth.

“Mia, I'm proud that you are taking all this so well”, my mom told. “How did you come out of nowhere”,I questioned her.

“Well let me say,perks of being a werewolf”,she winked at me. How could she do this to me and crack jokes about it. “How could you hide such thing mom, why won't you tell me earlier.”

“You never showed any sign of being a werewolf and I don't want you to be pulled into all this mess Mia, I would have asked for a normal life for you. But you being here, proves that you are not normal but have been super natural even without trying.”

This was not the response I expected but nevertheless what else could I expect. “I didn't ask for this mom, I didn't”, I ran away from my mom feeling suffocated. No one decides for me. I will run away from this madness.

I was in front of the opening which leads to forest. I had no choice but to cross the forest as this resort is the surrounded by forest. I gave one last glance at the resort and started walking towards the forest.

There was a dark aura this forest was carrying but it felt familiar and welcoming. It feels like home. I continued walking. It felt like hours, normally I would panic walking aimlessly but now I feel I've walked this forest floor before and walked thousands of times and this forest would never harm me.

There was a clearing in front of me, fresh water and the place was so Serene and peaceful. I sat on the forest floor and closed my eyes feeling content for the first time.

“Mia..”

I woke up with a start and searched for the source of the voice.

“Right beside you”

I turned to my left to find a beautiful woman with Raven black hair and blue sundress sitting beside me and looking at the view ahead of us.

She sat with her legs crossed and there was a rainbow colored cloth which looks like a belt fitting around her waist perfectly well.

“I know it's too much to ask from you but I want you to go back to the pack house and start your training. This place is no longer safe for you. You need to accept what you are. The more you delay,the more you are in harm's way. Never trust anyone. Not even your shadow. Even shadows deceive their castors.”, stating this she turned towards me. Her bottle sea green eyes were sparkling as though she saw something she appreciated.

“Be safe, only time can say what lies ahead. Always remember,there will be people who will protect you with their life and people who will do anything to kill you. You should decide whom to trust and how to differentiate.”

There was a mild breeze and I closed my eyes enjoying the moment only to find myself in my room when I opened my eyes. Was that all a dream. Am I dreaming again. Why am I having so out of body experience.

“Mia, are you in there sweety, please answer me my child”, my mom started knocking my door with panicked voice.

“Yes Mom I'm ok, please give me some space, I'll be normal soon.”

Yes though it was a dream, it was a sign,a warning for what I don't know, but my body is in tune and ready to face whatever is ahead. I could hear a small yes from a voice in my head boosting my confidence. It might be the voice of my subconscious.

Note:

Please vote and comment on how you felt about this chapter.