Chapter 21

21.

Ross

The trees were rustling.

There was a fresh breeze blowing.

In my mind amazing ideas were brewing.

It was Thursday morning, four days after Sebastian and I had made a hasty getaway from Mitchell Mansion. I was leaning on the main door frame, watching him jog the length of the intricate walkway I'd had constructed on the grounds.

I'd bought the land empty and commissioned people to make me a home I could unwind in. Even though I was unfamiliar with construction and landscaping, I didn't give them free reign to do whatever they wanted. I gave them a briefing of everything I wanted and they delivered.

I loved Mitchell Mansion but Mitchell Paradise was my favorite place. The atmosphere was pure yet scintillating. It held around it a calmness that wasn't dull. The trees seemed to be green all year-round and the lake at the back of the house was clean and enticing. The scent was always fresh and cool.

That morning the scent was putting ideas into my head. For the four days we spent at the cottage, Sebastian and I had spent the time either having sex, cooking or eating. A few minutes of work were put in here and there, but the vast majority of our interactions were restricted to the bedroom or the kitchen.

I wasn't bored, not in the least, but I had an idea to do something different that day. I wasn't sure Sebastian would be receptive to the idea and for once I was nervous about asking him. I knew if he said no I had nothing to lose but that didn't alleviate the fear of asking. I could vaguely remember the last time I was nervous about asking. It was a similar situation. The recipient of the question had been a guy, a guy whose physique made me want to undress him.

The situations were similar, but not the same. A fundamental difference existed between them, one that had major repercussions for me.

It was a subject I didn't want to think about.

I focused all my attention on Sebastian. He was wearing his beloved-jeans and a tight-fitting tank-top. I couldn't understand how he found jogging in tight jeans comfortable, but I wasn't complaining. His jeans were slim-fit, and with them on I could see his shape. He was also wearing a beanie, pushed back to about half on his head. How it was staying on his head with all the bobbing up and down was beyond me.

After about ten minutes I saw him turn and jog towards the house. He stopped next to me. He was captivating from afar, but with bulging muscles that glimmered with sweat up-close, he was the definition of temptation.

I swallowed saliva and opened my mouth. "How was it?"

"Good," he said and took a deep breath, placing his hands on his waist. "You have an amazing place here."

"That's Mitchell Paradise for you," I said.

He chuckled and shook his head. "Doesn't sound any better than before"

"Okay maybe it wasn't a great idea to name it that, but I think I have a great idea," I said.

He opened his mouth into an 'O' shape. "Were you watching porn?"

I chuckled. "Do you consider yourself porn?"

He rolled his eyes. "I'm gonna shower and eat, and only after that will I consider bending you over."

"You know, you could ask me what my idea is and not assume it."

"Yeah yeah," he said bobbing his head. "But there are only two things you ever think about Ross; software and sex. I don't think you want my help with your software."