Tutoring Mr. Player Chapter 11

Sorry about my absence D: If you have a tumblr though you should follow me! Because I'm always on it! I will post my link :) http://daisy-chains-on-summer-nights.tumblr.com/ <---- there it is :) Enjoy!

(NOT EDITED)

Chapter 11

"Cristina, you realize this is prom, not a strip club right?" I tell her as she holds a red mini dress in my direction and I shove it away.

"Well there will be much worse." She comments before returning her attention to the racks of dresses as far as the eye can see. I've never been around so many sparkles rhinestones and tulle in all of my life.

  I resume my hal-hearted search for a suitable prom dress. I don't want Michael to get the wrong impression or anything. I pull out a large fluffy tut monstrosity and hold it up in awe. Why would anybody willingly submit themselves to this kind of torture? I shoved it back into the heaps of dresses and it pokes out rather stubbornly.

    "Nothing is catching my eye. Can we go home yet?" Cristina gives me a pleading look, jutting out her bottom lip and opening her heavily mascaraed eyes wide. I groan.

    "We need to find you a nice dress!" Cristina replies. "How about this?" She says pulling out a lavender knee length dress with a full skirt and a top with swirling crystal designs. It's not too bad.  I say this and Cristina gloats and hands the dress towards me and ushers me into the dressing room. I strip down and pull the dress on. It's pretty and understated not too revealing but just revealing enough. What little cleavage I have is prominent but not in a slutty way.

 And the color sets off my skin and makes me look as if I have a natural glow. It compliments my tan skin. I pad out of the dressing room barefooted and model for Cristina. She scrutinizes it carefully walking around me in circles hand stroking her chin like a villain in a melo drama.

"It's perfect!" She gushes throwing her hands up earning us a stare from nearby Nordstrom shoppers. "I have the perfect pair of sparkly heels that will be perfect with this!" She lets out a girly squeal."MIchael won't know what he's getting into!"

I smooth out the skirt and return into the dressing room changing back into my rather simple outfit of a baseball t shirt, dark turquoise skinny jeans and black vans. Much less glamorous but definitely more comfortable.

   Whereas even though it's a casual day at the mall Cristina went all out.  With her vintage hand distressed high waisted denim shorts and super short crop top that reveals a strip of her tan middle abdomen. A myriad of bracelets and rings and a long golden chain necklace with an anchor at the bottom with a snake coiled around it. her hair is in tight ringlets and she's wearing bright pink lipstick and a set of wispy false lashes that make her eyes seem larger. Not to mention she's wearing at least 4 inch bright pink pumps that match her lipstick shade to a t.

Sometimes I wonder why we even are friends. My face has tinted moisturizer and mascara a sweep of champagne eyeshadow and a flush of pink on the cheeks. And chapstick. My hair is in natural messy waves down my back.

We couldn't be more different. But I'm glad I dressed the way I did. Because Cristina complains how her feet are killing her as we ring up and she slips a black short number onto the check out station and pull out her credit card for 'emergencies'. I pay for mine in cash I earned up from baby sitting a while ago.

"Smoothies?" Cristina asks as she limps out of the store with a ginormous nordstrom bag in hand.

"Sure." I say as we line up at the orange julius with it's everpresent long line. Cristina begins to blabber about how she's so excited I have a date and that I'm going but I'm zoned out watching everyone. Talking, texting, laughing. 

And that's when I spot him.

The person I never ever expected to be here on a simple school afternoon.

****
DUN

DUN

DUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

any guesses? I'll give you a hint, it's not Preston or Michael... ;)

Vote comment. All that kind of shit haha :) sorry it's a bit short D: but yea I hope you liked it!