Tutoring Mr. Player Chapter 2

Chapter 2

He's late. Not that I wasn't expecting this I just hoped to be pleasantly surprised. I look at my watch. It's already 3:30 we were scheduled to start at 3:00. Just as I'm about to give up hope he comes bounding in with a mess of papers about to fall out of his binder. I'm relieved. He dumps all of his books on the table they teeter precariously on the edge of the table as he sits down.

"Sorry! Sorry I'm late!!" He exclaims sitting down. I never really knew too much about Preston except rumours I had heard, which are too disturbing to write down. I'm startled by his sudden flustered appearance. I had never really officially met him either but I know we both had mutual disrespect for eachother. He was everything I wasn't.

    But I could see why girls liked him. With his brown hair streaked with golden from the sunlit, his impossibly long lashes, his startling ocean blue/green eyes, full lips, strong jawline, and body of a greek god. But I wasn't fooled we were here to study. I'm ready to jump in, but he decides to elaborate on why he was late.

    "I'm sorry I was just hanging out with this girl Hannah and we lost track of time." He has a sly girn on his face and I want to smack it right off of it. I know who Hannah is and her and Preston's breathtaking displays in the middle of the hallway were something I'd grown used to hearing about. He leans back in his seat and crosses his arms behind his head. "When they said I'd have a tutor I didn't expect her to be so hot." He says throwing me a wink. I'm taken aback I can feel my cheeks blaze.

    "We're here to study in case you didn't notice." I snarl. I won't be another one of his trophies. "And I've been sitting here wasting my time for thrity minutes because you wanted to make out with your little girlfriend." He puts his hands up in the universal sign of surrender.

    "Whatever you say princess." He winks at me again. And I'm already disgusted.

     "Let's just get started." I groan and rub my temples I can tell this is going to be a long evening.

*****

"I don't get it." I moan in frustration.

"Preston, I've explained it to you a hundred thousand times you know the formula."

 "And even though you've explained it a hundred thousand times I still don't get it." I'm resisting the urge to go crazy, I've come this far I can't go to an insane asylum before I get valedictorian.

"But It's so simple. a squared plus b squared equals c squared. Didn't you learn this in like seventh grade?" He stares at me blankly. I throw down my pencil.

'Maybe I would focus better if I had a snack." He says simply. I gawk at him we've been studying for over 2 HOURS and he doesn't get jack shit but then he says he needs a snack?

"Unbelievable." I say sighing.

"If you take me to get a snack I'll be a perfect student." He says.

"Fine." I reluctantly agree. We go to the school vending machine and he gets an almond joy, sour cream and onion potato chips, starbursts, M&M's, and a Mountain Dew. "Are you ready to study now?" Talking to him is like talking to a little kid.

"mrmmmfkppphhh" He says which I assume is a yes and we go back into the library. I explain the formula to him one last time and this time he gets it. Thank god.

"Thank you jesus." I mutter under my breath collecting up the starburst wrappers from our workstation. He lets out a loud belch.

"Hey there's this party on friday at Eric Warner's." He says taking a swig of his mountain dew, "Wanna' come?" I'm surprised by his offer.

"I'm not really the party type." I shrug off his invitation nonchalantly.

"Why not? You don't like to have fun?" He asks me cockily smirking. "I figured you would be a prude."

"I AM NOT!" I shout at him. Which gets us both dirty looks from the librarian, I flush.

"Then why won't you go to Eric's party?" He asks me again.

"Yesterday you wouldn't have paid any attention to me." I say to him, "You barely even knew I existed."

"Ahhh but now I know you, and you seem pretty cool, plus you're beautiful so why don't you come?" I choke on the diet coke I bought.

"Am I dreaming or did Preston Falcnor just call me beautiful." He laughs his boyish little laugh, and smiles his boyish little girn. "I don't want to come because what if it  turns out like that movie Carrie!" I say to him. Because I can go pretty damn crazy when I'm mad.He just shakes his head and chuckles.

"It won't" He gives me his full dazzling grin and it catches me off guard. Suddenly I get a light tinkling feeling in my stomach and I can't talk.

"Oh no no no no no no." I say suddenly realizing the full implications of what I'm agreeing to. "I'm not going to go to this party just so you can get in my pants." I say to him jutting out my chin indignantly. 

"Haha too bad because I can show you a really fun time." He says and winks at me. I feel dizzy this isn't happening. it's not real it's not.

******

"You have to go." Christina says grinning at me. "You just have to!" She says squealing with excitement. Chrisitna and I have been friends for a long ass time. Since kindergarten when we discovered our mutual passion for ladybugs, "mauve" colored crayons, and polly pockets since then we've been inseprable. Christina is super pretty. She's got long brown hair with neat chinese style bangs and a big smie that could light up the whole room, she always wears worn out white chucks and some form of blouse and black skinny jeans that she bought for one hundred and fifty dollars. (I was shopping with her when she got them)

" I don't have to do anything." I say glaring at her.

"Okay let me get this straight," She says, "Preston Falcnor asked you to a party and you're not even going to think about showing up."

"You my friend are exactly right." I smirk at her and she whacks me with her little coach purse.

"The most popular boy in school is noticing you for the first time ever-" I interrupt

"Not for the first time ever.

"For the first time ever, and you're not going to carpe diem? Seize the day?" I love my friend Christina but she can  be a little bit naieve.

"No because he's probably banged half of the school and is just looking for a way to get into my pants."

"Or he's madly in love with you and you're going to get married and engage in hot and steamy sex and have beautiful children with curly brown hair and beautiful green eyes."

"Chris that stuff only happens in fairytales." I say I blush 'hot and steamy sex'?

"It can happen in real life!" she defends her ludicrous delusions.

"Whatever." I give up and slam my locker shut heading towards calculus. She goes the opposite way.

"BABE YOU'RE GOING TO THAT PARTY I DON'T CARE IF I HAVE TO DRAG YOU!!!" she shouts people look at her like she's insane then look at me. I just shrug and get to calculus.

*****

THIS ONES A BIT LONGER i HOPE YOU LIKE IT :) PLEASE VOMMENT, AND FAN!!!! IT'S GREATLY APPRECIATED!  ^.^ by the way the lovely cover on the side was made by miss awesomex_writers47 go check her out!!!