Tutoring Mr. Player Chapter 5

sorry for missing fridays upload! But I hope you like this one, it's 12:00 A.M. here so technically it's monday ;)

Chapter 4

"Shut the damn curtains Christina!" I growl from under the covers. My head is pounding in my ears, and I feel nauseous.

"You need to get up! Eat something! I swear you'll feel better." She says cheerily.

"Christina, the only reason I would ever get up right now is to claw your face out! Shut the curtains." The room goes dark and I sigh in relief.

"Jeez pissy much are we?" She says and I feel the bed shift as she sits down. "Eh but the first hangovers are always the worst."

   "You would know Christina." I say then groan and throw a pillow at her. She just laughs and leaves.

   "Yeah Autumn you are such a mean friend, I mean you don't even thank me for coming over to take care of your hungover ass"

   "Thank you Christina." I say sarcastically and cover my head with a pillow, a moment later she leaves me alone in my room. God this is going to be a long day.

***********

"Hahaha I still can't believe you got drunk!" Christina laughs from beside me.

 "haha laugh it up funny girl, but I'm not going to the next party." I grumble upset.

"So do you wanna ride home?"

 "Umm I have to tutor in case you forgot..."

 "haha oh yeah Mr. Player!" She smirks at me, and I grimace, I'm not prepared for another day tutoring and incompetent Preston. His math skills have not improved in the least. "Alright call me later?" She asks walking away spinning her keys on her ring finger.

"Yeah sure.

"Bye babe have fun." She winks at me

"Oh I'm sure I will." I roll my eyes and she giggles. I'm on my way to the library when Preston races up beside me and joins me. "Oh what the hell do you want?" I say, couldn't he just have walked by himself? I really didn't need to spend any extra time with him.

"Ooooh is it somebodies time of month?" He says mockingly.

"Shut up you sexist ass!" He puts his hands up in a universal sign of surrender, and I am taken aback by how gorgeous he really is. I realize I'm gawking and quickly shut my mouth and look away, he smirks at me.

"Like what you see?" he winks at me cockily, and any sympathy I had for him goes out the window.

"I am gawking at your stupidity, jesus did your parents drop you on the head when you were a baby?"

"Twice!" He smiles at me and laughs right as we enter the library. The librarian glares at us from behind her tiny spectacles.

"Look what you did!" I screech at him, "You got us in trouble!"

"You know you're kind of hot when your angry." I must flush the same shade as a ripe tomato because he gives me a half grin and swaggers confidently over to our usual spot.

"I really don't like you." I say crossing my arms indignantly like a little child.

"Aww that's too bad because I kind of like you!" he walks up to me, much too close for my liking and brushes his thumb along my jawline, "You're pretty," He trails his thumb higher on my cheek, "Smart," higher, "Stubborn." He brushes it over my lip, and I give a shudder of disgust. I grab his hand and stop it.

  "And you're lazy, arrogant, and stupid, and I hate you." I say to him placing his hand back at his side.

"What did I ever do to make you hate me?" He looks at me beesechingly from behind his hands which are on the desk in a prayer position. There are so  many replies that I could muster, but they would take to long to voice so I settle on one.

"You treat girls like they're toys." I say clenching my hands at my side and slamming my books down on my desk.

"And how is that you're buisness? What I do with girls is none of your buisness." He says unfolding his hands and putting them behind his head.

I groan frustratedly, "It is my buisness! Especially when you're hitting on me!" He chuckles.

"Whoa don't flatter yourself there I wasn't hitting on you... I was simply complimenting you." I roll my eyes.
"Let's just focus on math alright? Talking to you is like talking to a piece of grass." I say flipping open my calculus book to lesson 21.

"Now do you remember pythagoreums theorum from last week..."
***********
"How was tutoring?" My mom asks from the kitchen when I arrive home after a painful day of tutoring.

"Fine." I'm lying through my teeth, but my mom could care less, right now she's lost in her cooking. My mom is a chef, she went to culinary school in france and is an absolutely fantastic chef. The room is filled with the scent of pesto and tomato as she tosses noodles into a boiling pot on the stove.

Tonight's sphagetti. The strong scent of garlic and yeast  wafts from the oven making my mouth water, obviously she is making her delicous garlic bread as well. I grab a carrot from the kitchen counter and gnaw on it absentmindedly. The carrot tastes fresh and earthy and sweet, god I don't know what I'm going to do when I have to go to college and my mom won't be there to make delicious meals for me.

"Dinner will be ready in a few, so don't run off!" My mom yells at me as I take the stairs up to my room two at a time. I turn on my laptop and iPod and collapse onto my bed. As usual I get on facebook and poke all of my friends back and reply to any comments on posts or pictures, then since there's not much else to do I log off.

just in time apparently because my mom hollers at me that dinner is ready. I walk downstairs and inhale the riot of mouthwatering scents wafting from the dining room table.

"It smells great mom." I say to her giving her a genuine smile.

"Thank you." She replies to me, on the outside she looks calm and composed but on the inside she's gloating I can tell. "Oh and by the way you got a call earlier." She says twirling her pasta onto her fork and nibbling at the garlic bread.

"Was it Christina? She said she would call me." I say uninterested chewing my sphagetti.

"No actually it wasn't Christina, it was a young man, said his name was Preston?" I nearly spit out my sphagetti. I make a strangled coughing noise and my mom looks at me concerned.

"You alright?" She asks me eyes wide. I nod my head and wipe at my mouth with a napkin. Why would Preston call me? "Should I be concerned about this person? Is he someone special?" She gives me a knowing look, and I'm about to tell her how far off she is before she starts chattering on excitedly. "Oh I knew you would be getting notice this year!" She beams proudly at me. "I mean I don't know why you aren't so popular with the boys at your school! You're such a pretty young girl!" I roll my eyes as she continues gushing.

I let her finish before I say, "No it's the boy I'm tutoring mom, he probably just needs help with his math homework." Her smile drops to an expression of dissapointment, but quickly masks it with uninterest. She dabs at her mouth daintily with a cloth napkin.

"Sorry to dissapoint." I say finishing of my sphagetti and water before pushing back my chair and excusing myself from the dining room table.

And as I go upstairs I hear her muttering to herself as she washes the dishes, "What a shame he sounded like such a nice young man."

****
EEEEHHHH I know this was a little bit of a sucky chapter but I had to give some background on her family :P And I'm trying not to move too fast with their relatiionship... :D vomment, fan you know the drill!! :D