Chapter Twenty-Two

Day Thirty: Part 2

 ...

Karen..

Chresanto and Clyde tried to fight off the dark brown animal as it rared and clawed it's way through them. If i wasn't here, they'd be dead in minutes. I grabbed the rope and Chresantos knife and sneaked behind it,

Right when i was about to tie it, it turned and leaped towards me, knocking me to the ground. It's sharp teeth took my left leg and quickly bit it before i could escape. I yelled in pain and managed to crawl away from it.

I clutched my leg, little blood seeped out, but it was still alot. My eyes were shut tightly, as i tried to endure th pain. I heard shuffling going on from afar, and when i opened my eyes, i saw both Chresanto and Clyde tackling the creature. It's eyes turned an unfamiliar grey, and it's claws jammed into Clydes arm.

''Clyde! Stay strong!''

Suddenly, another animal reappeared!

''The lord is testing us.'' Chresanto mumbled.

I limped my way to Kevin and forcefully grabbed him by the collar and dragged him to the second animal who glared at us. I used Kevin as a distraction while he screamed with a banana in his hand.

''What the fuck, Karen! I know your beady ass didn't just-''

The animal grabbed his shirt with it's teeth and pulled at him. I quickly went behind it, tied the rope and stabbed it deep in it's back. Luckily, it didn't turn it's back at me. It strangled Kevin for a few seconds before it weakened and dropped to the red colored sand.

''Karen! A little help here!'' The boys called out.

They were wrestling the animal who refused to settle down. I used the knife to slice it's neck while it was focused on Clyde, and blood, along with other substances fled out of it. Leaving it to drop, one again, to the now crimson colored sand.

''Oh, God, thank you, Karen.'' Clyde whispered.

We tried to go back the the tent area and sat down at the fire place. We left Kevin over there who seems to be in deep pain, which he isn't. He doesn't have a scratch in his entire body. Me, Clyde and Chresanto are the ones who's been hurt.

''Karen, your leg!'' Chresanto just noticed.

''What happened? There's marks all over you're leg. And your arm, and neck, and a little on your face-,''

''Clyde i think she knows that.'' He chuckled. ''How do you feel?''

Chresanto came to sit next to me and lifted my left leg. I groaned and arched my leg back. I bit my lip and watched as Clyde handed him some tow-lets.

He wiped the blood off and wet the napkin before wiping it again. It burned, and i endured it because he was only trying to help.

I noticed the many scars on both of them and asked how they were feeling.

''I'm fine. Just a little tired. And beaten..'' Clyde mumbled.

''I feel like i'm about to faint..''

''Well i'm going to bed. I'll see you guys later.''

He smirked and walked away. I gave him a weird look. I only shrugged and looked back at my leg. It stopped bleeding, but the cuts were still there. And it was still hard to move with the pain every time i moved it. I thanked him for helping me with my leg before looking over at his bruises.