Chapter Seventeen

Day Twenty-Five:

Karen...

.

..

''I have a splitting headache.'' Chresanto wined.

He laid still on his side of the tent. His arm was resting on his forehead while his eyes were shut tightly. I grabbed a piece of cloth from the little basket i found out he made earlier and walked out of the tent.

I decided to help him out. I wet the cloth and got rid of the water by squeezing it, before returning back to Chresanto. I sat on my knees and tapped him on his shoulders.

''Uh, Chresanto?''

He removed his arm which was blocking his face. ''What'' he muttered. I laid the cold cloth on top of his head and his eyes shot open. He felt his forehead and realized what i'd put on him.

''This should help. But I think you should just drink some fluids if you want to get rid of your headache. And lay down for a while.'' I offered.

''Mk.'' He reached for a coconut and a banana.

I sat back on my blanket, feeling very uncomfortable. I looked down at my clothes and found myself hating the way i looked. I needed a shower, but i didn't want to go back to the fountain right now.  I knew i had a spare shirt in my bag but i already tore patches of it so it's of no use.

I released my hair that was tied in a bun and it fell to my back. I looked over to Chresanto; he didn't have his shirt on. Ignoring his absence, i grabbed his large shirt and asked if i could use it. Without even looking at me, he said, ''Sure. I ain't need it right now.'' In a tired manner.

I only shrugged and spreaded the shirt in front of my before taking off my shirt. It was getting itchy anyways. I left my bra on and put on Chresanto's shirt. I unbuttoned my shorts, and once i'd taken it off, i folded both my clothes and laid it off to the side.

''You're actually okay with taking your clothes off when i'm around?'' I heard Chresanto mumbled under the blanket. I sighed and laid down. I of course had my undergarments on.

''Well, you're not a dramatic pervert, are you?"

''No.''

''Then it's okay. Besides, why would I change outside? It's cold.''

He didn't answer me. I walked outside, to see the sun set quickly. I approached the trees and headed for the fountain. Mike, the cat, was following me from behind. I stopped to pick it up before running off again. Once i got there, i set Mike down and kneeled in front of the water.

My hair needed to be washed at least with just water.

 I dipped my head beneath the water and tried to wiggle out the knots in my hair. After about five to ten minutes, I lifted my head and stood up. After getting the water out my hair, i walked back to the tent with Mike beside me. He seemed very happy whenever i carried him.

I walked inside the tent and Mike jumped on Chresanto who had fallen asleep. I looked for his comb he had always in his hair since we got in this island. I had to climb over him and get the comb from his side. He could get poked and hurt himself.

I sat criss crossed on my side of the tent and tried to comb the tangles in my hair. My hair was beginning to be straight and rid itself from it's curly state.