Chapter Fifteen

Day Sixteen (1)

Karen...

.

I woke up to hear strong winds and rain scattering from the sky. I hope this won't be affecting this little cave here. I was still a bit sleepy but i'll try to manage for the time being. I sat up and looked around, noticing it was pretty dark out here. I grabbed the yellow flashlight and flicked it on. Soon, the dark room was brightened with the lightly dimmed light.

I Knew i'd be okay staying here until me and Chresanto find a way to tend to the tent. I told him he wouldn't be able to fix it but what happened? He didn't listen to me. I decided to wait until the storm would past by so he could fix it. I thought it would settle by morning but with these conditions, i don't know if we could even walk out.

I don't know about Chresanto, though. He said it was ''irrational'' to stay here over night. Ha. I'm alive, aren't? For all i know he could be sitting in the rain giving up on making the tent. I shrugged. I grabbed a banana and a coconut and peeled it. I took a bite of my banana and cracked open the coconut and sipped in it.

Now that i think about it, i should've brought some more stuff other than a blanket and some food and a pillow. I should've brought my bag with me. Oh, wait, I left my bag with Chresanto? My stuff was in there. Meaning that little blank-paged book i'd discovered not too long ago was there too.

I'd written some little things for only myself to read. Only for me, not him. There is something i had written about him that would embarrass me if he would of read it.  There was nothing else to do at the time and he was sleeping. Hopefully he wouldn't dare open it; yet alone open my bag. But i had a feeling he would of already did. His noisy self would've been saying, ''Let me see what this girl got on me'' with his thug-ish slang.

I got up and walked around the large cave again. I was standing on a huge rock. It was rather flat and smooth when you think about it. The water wasn't up too high and it had a natural smell. All you could here was the sound of water rushing from outside of the little fountain. I saw something shiny in a corner, but i couldn't get my legs to carry me over there. My left leg had fallen asleep. Great. After I laid myself down and covered myself with the blanket, i closed my eyes in expectation to cease the thoughts i'd brought whenever I wasn't occupied.

Suddenly, i soon began to feel a bit drowsy. I was falling asleep again. My eyes were already heavy and I wanted to withdraw from the enhancement of my slumber, but i fell asleep. Completely ignoring the rush of water i felt down in my foot. I was oblivious to the fact tat the water was rising from it's peak.

..

Chresanto:

..

I rubbed my eyes after i awoken from my sleep in my newly tent. It was big enough for four people to live in it AND it was high enough that you could even stand inside of it. I made it with extra protection so that if it rains, it wouldn't dare disrupt the home.

I made it to prevent strong winds, and harsh weather conditions like yesterday. That is not going to happen again. Ever. And to my surprise, i actually know how to knit. You see, i found to long sticks. Since i had a pocket knife I always carry with me, i made a shiny and pointy end with both of them and was able to kind of stitch some parts on the tent.

Also, i stitched my shirt since it had some holes in it. I kind of failed but i tried. The sky was still a bit dark, but it didn't indicate that it was going to rain. I grabbed Karen's bag from her side of the tent and opened it up. I wanted to occupy myself. I took out some things that were unimportant. Karen is really secretive about this little bag.

I want to see what she has in here. I took out a flashlight and deodorant. Wait, she has deodorant? And has never told me? That's why she smells like flowers. If i find food in here i'll be real mad. I rolled some on my armpits and continued on with my search. I came across a blank book and thought nothing of it. But i noticed it had a pen held on the side pocket.

''So she's been writing, eh?" I mumbled to myself.

I tried to open it but it had a lock. Damnit. So there is a key in here, too? I looked in the now empty bag and found nothing but lint. I searched in the sand and came across this small silver key-like thing. I'm guessing it was the key. I grabbed it and tried to stick it in the key hole. How do people do this? The key was too small. Frustrated, i just turned it with my teeth, and pulled the lock. The book opened and i dropped the key back into the bag.

I skipped the first page because it was blank. I skipped to the third page because the third page is always they way to start. At least, that's what my friends say. The date said June, but didn't say the day or year. It read:

I hate being alone here with a guy.

I hate this island.

I hate the damn water.

But, it's beginning to be not so bad. Then again, i just want to stab someone in the neck and force someone to help us. This island is starting to irritate me and i'll spaz out if we don't get out. I can't be in the same surroundings (except at my house) for too long. I just

The sentence didn't finish. Oh well, it was boring anyways. I turned the page and noticed the page was titled with my name in cursive writing. Well, this must be important then, huh? So she has been thinking about me. That shows she does take an interest to me, eh?

Chresanto..

This is the guy that is too cocky. Who calls himself ''Father Nature'' and claims to be the most sexiest man alive. Who does he think he is? I mean sure he was well built, and has a golden eight pack, and a nice smile, and his voice is way deep, that don't mean he's a goddess. But between me and this diary, he is pretty handsome. And we're both almost the same age, i think.

But i don't think he's trust worthy. I mean, he's helpful and all but, i would not be expecting some good from him other than...

Again, she did not complete her sentence. Either she likes to leave incomplete sentences or she just too lazy to finish. So, she likes me now, huh? If she didn't, she wouldn't have wrote about me. I got up from the tent and walked out of it. After i set the book down in the corner, i approached the trees. I was going to check up on her to see how she's living down at the cave.

Lets see if it's really safer than building a tent in the windy rain.

I heard some noises from further down the path but i ignored it. I was holding onto a banana while occupying myself with a stick. I stabbed some branches with excessive leaves, making it shake a bit. I threw away the peelings of the banana and held the fruit in my hands after taking a bite.

I felt something on my foot all of a sudden. i didn't feel like wearing shoes. I looked down and saw a cat. What is a cat doing here? I dropped the stick and kneeled down while it reached for me. ''Where'd you come from, little guy?" I questioned, getting a ''Meow'' as a response. Before picking it up, i examined for any fleas of some sort.

It looks clean suprisingly. Still not understanding of it's whereabouts, i picked it up with my left hand as it tried to nibble on my banana. As i reached the fountain, i saw the water kind of over-flowing. What the hell?

I gently dropped the cat and took off my shirt. I swear i warned her this would happen but did she listen to me? Hell no. I dove into the cold water and entered the little cave. I saw Karen floating in the water. She wasn't even moving. Fucking great.

I was worried and scared for her. But i was angry too. But i waster no time to reach and grab her hand before swimming back onto the surface.

''Karen! Gotdamnit.'' I mumbled. She wasn't breathing much. I was trying to remember what you're supposed to do in this kind of predicament but damnit, i couldn't remember a damn thing. I was clueless.

....

...

Vote and comment, please! :)