Special chapter : The time Faye Lockwood fell in love

When Faye Lockwood fell in love

People talk about how Faye Lockwood claims to fall in love with River Blake because he is the ultimate king, with looks to die for, with people kissing the ground that he walks on. They talk about how the queen fell in love with the king because he picked her up bridal style when she was too weak to even stand up.

God, they have it all wrong.

Faye Lockwood falls in love with River Blake the time he shared his tree house with her back in the freshman year, and they talked up to 3 am, about anything and everything. When he talked about how his parents weren't home anymore and how he misses them. When he admitted that he loved astronomy and the night sky. When he said he would fight the world for her.

Faye falls in love with River Blake because she watches as he stays, the whole christmas, at her house as her parents didn't have time for her. How he sang off key to her, the whole Elvis Presley song and danced with her near the bonfire, making her laugh with his every joke, not even making her feel the absence. The time he took her christmas shopping so they can buy presents for all the workers and ended up roller skating through the whole store. How he stayed up the whole night taking care of her because she got a cold after they ate almost four buckets of ice cream, watching each and every christmas movie.

Faye Lockwood falls in love with River Blake because his eyes sparkled when he ran his brush through the canvas, with every tint of concentration in his features. The way his face twitched when he rubbed the paint brush and the way he smiled when he was able to express what he wanted. Because when she walked to his spare room, there were not just paintings, there were emotions, there were tears, there was growth.

Faye Lockwood fell in love with the way he was selfless, kind and loving towards his friends. How he would listen attentively when they talk, even if he must be board to tears on the subject. She sees the ways he is careful not to burden them, but is always happy to take on their own problems.

Because when the girls asks him out, he does not laugh at their faces but would ask for forgiveness, telling them that one day they would find a guy who will love every ounce of them and how he is not the one.

She falls in love with him the time he showed up at one am in her door steps, with puffy eyes and instantly hugs her, whispering how he lost his mother in her ears. The time she tugs the blanket closer to him and he tells her how his mom signed the papers and is now moving out of the town and how he doesn't blame her. How he knows that they really did not belong to each other and even if he will miss her, it's going to be alright. How he holds the hem of her shirt as he sleeps, soundly, mouth open, making her chuckle and take a picture of him. Because he accepted his step mom with all his heart and tries to call her 'mother', trying to go to every gala with her just so he could form a beautiful bond with her. How he lifts Faye up from the ground when he tells him that his step mother is amazing, the twinkle, the love.

Faye Lockwood falls for him because of how passionate he is towards football. How he shouts in top of his lungs and grins ear to ear when he wins a match and how he doesn't let anyone break down even if they lost the match. How he's devoted towards his game and how he tries to never let himself down. Because he doesn't drink after a game so that he could be the designated driver and get every team mate of his home, safe.

Faye Lockwood falls for him when he wore the black tux and came to his step mother's funeral, teary, tired and vulnerable. Because he stood next to his father and never met anyone's eye. She fell for the weak River Blake, the tired and broken version of him. And even if she grew distant, there was not a single night when she did not think about the boy.

Faye Lockwood falls for River Blake the time he tried to walk away from everyone else because he had turned toxic. How he tried to not get past her because she did not like this version of him.

She fell for him when he tried to grow, when he tried to live. How he showed up at hers and told her he did not want it anymore. How he smiled through all his tears and forgave himself. She fell for him when he accepted her friendship and held her in his arms and took her to the fare after that. How he brought her tampons when she ran out of them and how he tried to do everything in his will just to make her feel at ease. She falls for him, with the easy way he talks to her, about everything and nothing at the same time.

Faye falls in love with the way River looks early in the morning, mussed and groggy, and takes his coffee all bitter, with too much of beans and not enough sugar.

She falls for him when he admits that he tells her things that he never tells anyone.

Faye falls in love with River the first time they kiss, because that was the first time he had been hesitant around her, and she knows it's not because he is not sure if he wants it but because he wants it so much, and he is not sure if she does.

Faye falls in love with River Blake, because River is just River, the guy that made her fall for herself.

*****************************************
Happy holidays to you and your family, lovelies, and well, this is my gift for you all, considering that it's a special chapter!

It's past midnight and here I am, sitting in a couch with a cup of coffee on my hands, celebrating solitary, and crying myself to sleep. Jk, but it has been a really stressful day.

The Golden Girl doesn't have many chapters left and just so that you know, it has been an amazing journey.

*God, I am so proud of this, whatever thing that we have formed*

Until next time.

Oh wait, it feels good to be back!!!

Lots of love,

Perry♡.

QOTD: Tom Cruise or Brad Pitt?
I got you so bad.*insert evil laughter here.*

*