24. And she knew

That's when I realized what a true friend was.
Someone who would always love you- the imperfect you, the confused you, the wrong you.

-The Golden Girl
(I do not own this content)

************************************

"I do not like it, Faye no." River shouted in the top of his lungs, a wide grin plastered on his face.

"Hell yes, you are going to try it." A giggle escaped from Faye's throat as she ran after him, holding a cotton candy on her hand.

"That is shit." He said with a laugh as he pointed at the pink candy that she was holding.

"You did not just say that." Faye playfully glared at him, increasing her pace.

They ran out of the food court and suddenly were in the kid's area, running after each other.

Their were kids there who giggled as they look at them.

"Run, that witch is gonna eat you." River said in an animated voice which made all the children laugh.

"You fucking jerk." And as soon as those words left her mouth, she froze. She could already feel eyes burning hole in the back of her head.

She turned around and met the eyes of the angry parents.

"Mommy, what did she say?" A little girl pulled the hem of her mother's shirt and asked.

All the colors ran out of Faye's face and she looked at them with guilt, "Ah, I am really really sorry." She mumbled an apology to all the parents and ran away from there.

"Bad Faye, how can you swear in front of those kids? Tsk, tsk, poor kids." River laughed as he saw her with an uneasy look.

"You idiot, come here." She looked at him with a stink eye and ran after him.

"Woah, woah, someone help me from this evil woman." He laughed, sticking his tongue out, teasing her.

Heat evaporated through her, anger spilling out of her.

The nerve of that guy.

She ran as fast as she can, full determined to catch him.

"You octopus." And as soon as she reached near him, she dumped the cotton candy on his head, using both of her hands to spread it on his hair.

"What the fuck..." He shouted, trying to run away from her grasp.

"Oh, not so soon." She laughed, running her hand over his head.

"You bloody woman." He looked deathly, a glare visible on his face.

"Oh shit." She squeaked, her eyes narrowing by a fraction.

He was going to kill her.

"Someone help me." And before he could reach for her, she ran away from there, laughing hard, finding a place to hide.

"I am going to get you sunshine." He said, a playful smile dancing on his lips as he ran his hands through his now sticky hair. "Ugh, let me first get rid of this shit." He scrunched his nose as he saw the pink sticky substance on his hands.
************************************