23. She belongs to herself (Part II)

You were talking about the night sky, the way the stars sparkled, the way they blinked at you. But somewhere, I found myself looking at you, the way your eyes sparkled when you talked, the way you laughed. Damn, your voice was music to my ears.

I knew deep down, loving you was going to be hard and trust me, I tried to hold myself. But the way you held my hand that day, the way that small gesture made me feel, hell, you broke all my walls that I had made between you and I.

And I started to fall for you, harder, faster.

-The Golden Girl

************************************

"Are not they from Lakeview prep, oh my god, is not she Faye Lockwood?"

"Wait, that is River Blake behind her. Hell, he is hotter than I imagined him to be."

"Are they together?"

"My sister studies in there, she told me that Faye Lockwood is dating Justin Walter, a blonde jock. Rumors says that she's cheating on him with River."

"It is not a big deal for them. I mean, cheating and all."

Whispers started as soon as River and Faye reached the ticket counter.

They suddenly became the center of attention.

The whole atmosphere made her feel too revealed, exposed.

"Maybe they are dating? What do you think, who will look good with her? Personally, I think Justin is a keeper. But then once again, River Blake is the king, he's hot as hell."

"I feel like she's playing with them. I do not really think she gives a shit about both the guys. Maybe they are her tools? She maybe is using River for popularity and Justin as her fuck buddy?"

"I even heard that River and his brother Zachary once came into a fashion magazine. Maybe Lockwood industry is trying to you know, make a relationship with Blake enterprises. I guess, it is a family thing."

Misjudged.

Prejudiced.

Exposed.

Revealed.

Faye felt her throat becoming dry. Suddenly, her body became cold.

Her face didn't show a thing that she was feeling inside. Her physique was perfectly maintained and she was looking confident as ever.

But inside, she was dying. She just wanted to go and beat the hell out of those girls who were speaking nonsense about her and River.

"You know, the girl you all are talking about? She's one of the most amazing person of the whole world, someone who you all will never be. It's funny how people judge others just by hearing some shitty things about them. Hell, it is funny how they throw hate everywhere. To be honest, I find it pathetic." As soon as those words left River's mouth, he glared at the group of girls, making them winch and walk away from there.

He wanted to shout at them, he wanted to kill them. They had no right to speak about her like that. He was boiling, anger spilling through his veins.