25. When they met

They were just friends...
That spoke like lovers...

And that seemed to be enough for
Two teenagers that were afraid to love one another...

-The Golden Girl
(I don't own this content)
************************************

"Ugh, it has been three days, three days River, she still have not said anything." Faye barged into River's room with anger blaring through her nerves.

"Care to knock on the door the second time you enter my room?" And that is when she saw River, sitting in front of a canvas, sketching.

"You are painting..." And a wide grin made its way to her lips.

River turned around to look at her, he, himself accompanying a wide grin mirrored to Faye's.

"I think I can now sketch something in the blank canvas without screaming. It feels like, I am finally letting go of everything..." He said with a sigh as he stood up from his chair, examining the way his sketch has turned out to be.

"I am so happy." And she pulled River into a tight hug, laying her head on his chest.

He wrapped his arms around her and closed his eyes, "Me too."

"What are you working at by the way?" And she pulled away from him, her eyes going to the canvas.

There stood a small girl with pigtails and a little boy with bangs, the both of them of about five. The little girl was kissing the boy's cheek whilst he was giving a toothless grin.

Her eyes shone as soon as nostalgia stroke her. It was them, it was River and Faye.

"I miss those days." Faye heard River's voice from behind.

"You... you made us..."

Even the sketch had life in it. River was a beautiful artist, hell, he was amazing. The way he plays with colors was something that makes Faye feel like it's enchanting. He just had a different way to communicate with the colors.

"Yah..." He scratched the back of his head, smiling sheepishly.

"You used to be so chubby, cute and cheeky once. Now, look at you." And he smirked as he ran his eyes through her.

"Hey, I eat, alright. I eat like a monster, I just, I just do not understand why I do not grow any fat." She said, stomping on the floor.

"You have high metabolism, damn, girls die to be like you, you can eat five burgers without caring about your increasing weight whilst they feed themselves on salads and veggies." He said, rolling his eyes.

"Did you just say that I got a killer figure?" Now, it was her time to smirk.

"I did not." He stated, his eyes narrowing by a fraction.

"Well, I will just go with the fact that River Blake just said that I am freaking hot."

"I did not say anything like that." He whined, his cheeks turning a shade of red.

"Oh, just suck it up, you just called me hot, stunning, sexy." And at that, he showed her the finger, making her laugh.

They kept on looking at each other for minutes before breaking the stare. Faye walked towards the sketch and observed each and everything.