45. Acacia and roses

As he took her hand,
He gave her all she had been waiting for,
A shiver down her spine.

The Golden Girl
(I don't own this content)

************************************

"So, the gala is this weekend." Aubree stated as they made their way towards the lockers.

"I still cannot believe Alexis Maxwell is gonna join the runway!" Madeline squealed, shaking Aubree's shoulders.

"I know, right! The only thing that's keeping me excited! It will be one of the most beautiful evening of the year. I am just concerned about completing the designs, you know. Apparently, mom wants to launch them in the runaway." Faye said with a grin as she opened her locker, shoving her catalogue inside and nodding towards some of the seniors that greeted her.

"That will be so awesome! We are so happy for you, Faye! Heard that Mrs. Lockwood has been planning for this gala since two years. Plus, having models like Bella McCarthy, Roma Tisdale in your show is an agenda itself. I saw McCarthy's interview yesterday, apparently, she's really excited to be part of the show." Madeline added.

"Launching your own designs in the show, is so cool! I am really excited for you." Aubree grinned, patting Faye's head in a motherly manner.

Just as they were talking, Faye saw a petite figure leaning on the opposite side of their lockers.

Isabella Grey.

A smile crept out on her lips as Faye saw her humming an old song.

"Faye, you coming?" Aubree asked, raising an eyebrow.

"You both go, I will meet you at the cafeteria." And Aubree, along with Madeline shrugged before walking away.

"Hey Isa!" Faye placed a hand on Isabella's shoulder, a big smile on her face.

The girl with that short bob instantly jumped, startled.

"Oh, hey Faye." She let out a sigh of relief as soon as she found herself looking at Faye.

"I am so sorry if I scared you." Faye said, sheepishly.

"Oh, no problem. Its my fault, I just, I do not know where my mind wanders at times." She laughed.

"Do not worry about it. Anyways, what's going on? Everything fine?" Faye asked.

"Everything is well, I guess. Hey Faye, you are not angry at me, are you? I mean, for losing all the documents and all."

"Why will I be? Its been months and the school newspaper and everything is going on pretty well. And are not we all humans? Of course we will make mistakes." She laughed it off.

"Thanks, you know, for forgiving me."

"Oh shut it. Wanna have lunch with us?" Faye offered, making Isabella look at her in surprise.

"At the, at the, populares table?" She stuttered.

"I do not know we were labeled that badly. But well, in your reference, yah, populares table."