17. Stand by me? (Part One)

He was bad. He smoked, he broke the law, he drove too fast for his own good. He didn't care because no one taught him how to.

But...
When it came to her, he wanted to be the best man. He couldn't bare the thought of her being hurt by him... or by anyone else. He would kill to protect her, the girl who cared about someone as worthless as him in all her perfection.

-The Golden Girl
(I don't own this content)

************************************

A groan escaped from Faye's lips as she shuffled from side to side on her bed.

Her head was pounding, throbbing. She held her head between her hands and pressed it, trying to get rid of the pain.

No, no it didn't work.

She opened her eyes, cursing.

Drinking that stuff last night was such a bad idea.

Her eyes instantly went to the wall clock and a gasp escaped from her lips.

It was 12 noon.

Fuck, she missed school.

Letting out a frustrated sigh, she slowly tried to get out of the bed, failing miserably. Her head hurt like hell.

How much did she drink last night, once again?

Wait...

She doesn't remember.

Sighing in defeat, she tried to stand up once again. And when she finally stood up, a sick feeling erupted in her stomach.

She felt sick.

She ran to the washroom and threw up all the content that she devoured the last night.

She was so fucked up.

Her eyes had bags under them, her hair was a mess and she looked pale.

She let out a frustrated sigh and grabbed an aspirin from the cabinet. Gulping it in one go, she looked at herself in the mirror.

She really did look sick.

But somewhere, it didn't matter. Even if with her pounding head and sick stomach, a small smile erupted in her face when last night's events ran through her mind.

It was such a beautiful night. With him by her side.

She loved it when they were not fighting, when they were having some alone time with each other. It made her feel happy, safe and somewhere, it made her feel calm.

He always had that affect on her. He had that tendency to always make her smile. No matter what happens, with him she feels like everything will get alright, she feels like he will make everything better.

Yes, she will never except it, but he was important, he was damn important for her and yah, no matter how much she says that she hates him, loathes him, she doesn't. Somewhere, she is nothing without him and she knew, she knew that if she is living right now, it's just cause of him.
************************************

Drying herself up, Faye walked out of the shower, somewhere feeling better than what she was before an hour.

She walked into the closet and grabbed a pair of shorts and a loose t-shirt.

After wearing them, she made her way downstairs. She was just halfway through the hall when a thought crossed her mind.

She didn't sleep in her bed last night. Did River carry her all the way down there? Did he walk home last night or did he stay?