27. Pretty little secrets

She did not know, but she talked about him like he puts the stars in her sky.

-The Golden Girl.
************************************

"I am a lesbian." Aubree opened her eyes as those words left her mouth. She was scared, scared that the worst will happen, that they will leave her. But when she met those smiling faces, she was stunt.

"That's great." Madeline said, standing up from her seat in the booth and running up to the other side to hug her. Zach followed her and ruffled her hairs, grinning.

"That's amazing." Max said, engulfing her and squeezing her into a bear hug.

"So, you all are okay about it, I mean, about me being you know, this?" Aubree asked, pulling away from them, looking at them uncertainly.

"We will always love you Bree, no matter how you turn out to be." Faye said before wrapping her arms around her, smiling.

"Its really hard for me you know, all this. I did not know what to do when I figured out that I am different." And a small tear escaped from Aubree's eyes as she laid her head on Faye's shoulder.

"Dummy, you are no different. You should know this, we will always be there for you. And about you being lesbian, that is fucking awesome, aha? You do not have to worry about anything." Faye murmured, patting her head.

"Well, well, now, how many people know about this?" Madeline asked, grinning ear to ear.

"Mom and you all. I am not ready to tell Dad, well, not now at least." She said, shaking her head.

"Wait, if you are a lesbian. What was going on between River and you?" Zach's eyes narrowed by a fraction as he looked at both River and her.

"Well, honestly, nothing might have been possible without River." Walking up to River, Aubree wrapped her arm around his shoulder, "He helped me figure out all these things."

"Wait, does that mean, you both were never dating?"

"He became my fake boyfriend. I... I was not ready to tell everything to you all and well, River kind of saw me with Lily. We thought that it will be best if we keep it as a secret until I figure out all these things. Then well, I kept on ditching you all in weekends to go to meet Lily next town. And well after some months, you all started questioning me, I did not know what to do and well, that is when River came with this plan."

"Who is Lily?" Faye asked, arching her eyebrows.

"Oh, she, well, she is, she is, my, my girlfriend." Aubree said, scratching the back of her head, heat running up to her cheeks.

All of them looked at her with a devilish glint on their faces.

"So, you were fake dating River?" Madeline asked which made her silently nod.

"Everything was well for some time but then it just was not. Lily and I kind of broke up and I was really really upset. That explains why I was like horrible after that. So that you all do not get suspicious, River called it off. You know, to make it more real." Aubree ended, biting the inside of her cheeks before turning around and embracing River, "Thank you for everything." She whispered.

"Well, well, now that everything is fine and secret is spilled, do you all wanna join me for coffee? Bree is paying by the way." And everyone turned to look at Max, shaking their heads, smiling.
************************************

"So, you mean, you do not worship Kyle anymore?" Madeline asked as she stopped the ignition in front of Faye's mansion.

"Well, I do not know but, I guess, I am not obsessed with him anymore. It feels like I never saw him for what he really was. Like he is not that perfect like I had imagined him to be. Like he never was the person I took him for." Faye said, shaking her head.