Blissful Memories

"Anytime you need a friend
I will be here
You'll never be alone again
So don't you fear
Even if you're miles away
I'm by your side
So don't you ever be lonely
Love will make it alright"

~ Mariah Carey

Gripping your skirt nervously, your eyes wandered onto the familiar, raven-haired male sitting across from you. He wore an expressionless face as he was writing on papers which seemed like various essays. You cleared your throat, earning the attention of the male.

"So do you really think I'm fit for U.A.? It's the middle of the second semester, I'm not even familiar with the schooling system here in Japan... and I'm not even fluent in Japanese!"

"For the 100th time (F/n), this is a perfect opportunity for you to learn how to control your quirk," the male said, agitated at all the questions being thrown at him.

Unsure, you nodded and stared off into space, pondering the day that awaits you tomorrow. You just recently moved to Japan to live with your uncle, Shouta Aizawa. Your parents felt it was best that you go to a greatly esteemed hero academy. Unlike her Pro Hero brother, your mother is quirkless. Your father, who happens to be an American Pro Hero named 'Time Weaver', has a significant quirk that allows him to bend time. Your mother believes attending U.A. would be the best for you since she wishes you to walk in your father's footsteps, while your father believes it will lead you to great success. Even though you didn't believe you could ever be a hero, you wanted to make them proud.

You entered the lush garden and a nostalgic feeling came about you. You rested your elbows on the wooden, oak fence, embracing the feeling. You can clearly remember the warm, sunny day.

10 YEARS AGO

"SURPRISE!"

Aizawa entered the door, bewildered. Your mother had been planning a surprise birthday party for two months, she even invited many pro heroes, such as Present Mic, Midnight, Vlad King, Ms. Joke, Recovery Girl, and even Endeavor. It was such a surprise that Endeavor showed up that your mother almost dropped a bowl of curry when he arrived at the doorstep.

"Happy Birthday, Uncle Shotua!"

You ran and gave him a hug, earning a couple 'awws' from the crowd. He looked down at your small figure and you noticed a small smile crossed his face for a quick second.

"You guys didn't have to do thi-"

"OF COURSE WE HAD TO! WE HAD TO MAKE SURE YOUR BIRTHDAY WAS AH-MAZING," exclaimed your uncle's friend, Hizashi Yamada, with a wide grin on his face.

Your mother set the table up with various glorious food, including tonkatsu, curry, yakisoba, yakiniku, onigiri, and your personal favorite; yakitori. Everybody had a seat and grabbed a plate.

"The food is very delicious, Mrs. (L/n)," your mother grinned at Kan's compliment.

"I'm glad that you like it! I wouldn't have been able to make all this without everyone's help!"

You sat at the kiddie table, enjoying your yakitori. You glanced up and met a pair of heterochromatic eyes; one resembled the open skies, the other resembled the gloomy clouds. His hair was two colors, ruby red and snow white. You didn't even know he showed up at the party.

"Hi! My name is Todoroki Shouto," he said with a bow.

Smiling, you introduced yourself, "Nice to meet you! I'm (L/n) (F/n). Is Endeavor your daddy?"

Shouto winced a little at the mention of his father's name but nodded. You could tell something was wrong by the way he looked. You were so curious you couldn't help but ask due to their striking resemblance. Well, only one half of face looked like Endeavor.

"That's so cool! My daddy is a pro-hero from America! His name is (L/n) Hayato but his hero name is Time Weaver."

"The hero who can control time? That's cool," he exclaimed.

After finishing your food and discussing favorite colors, foods, and other kiddy things, you headed out to the garden with Todoroki. The wonderful mixture of aromas greeted your nose. You were able to make out the gardenia and jasmine scent since you helped your mother garden frequently. You glanced over at Todoroki to see him lying on the hammock, watching the cotton candy clouds adorn the sunset. You crept onto the hammock with him and grinned at his relaxed state.

"Hey! You never told me your quirk Shouto-chan," he opened his eyes and smiled at your curiosity. He held up his hand and faced his left palm upward. A small patch of ice formed along with an ice flower.

"Take it," he said, eyes gleaming with happiness.

Your small hand reached out and picked the ice flower. The temperature of your hand caused it to melt, making you pout. Todoroki giggled at your expression, resulting in you tackling him.

"Hey! That wasn't funny," you furrowed your brows. You both continued to play fight until Todoroki toppled you.

"I win!"

"You cheated," Todoroki laughed seeing your defeated expression.

"Now you show me your quirk!"

"My quirk? I... I don't know my quirk," you looked away in embarrassment. Todoroki gave you a questioning look before his lips formed a smile.

"It's okay! I am sure next time you will find your quirk," you smiled at his reassurance.

"Hey, let's play on the swings!"

"Okay," you followed Todoroki to the swings.

You took turns with him on the swings, one pushing the other on the swing. After the swings, you played a couple games of hopscotch and volleyball with him. Exhaust caught up with you, so you and Todoroki decided to lay on the grass and watch the mesmerizing sky.

"I'm happy that I have a friend to play with. My daddy would never let me play with my brothers and sisters," you seen his smile slowly drop into a frown.

"Why would your daddy do that? Shouto-chan... are you okay" you asked while sitting up.

"I... I'm fine.... My dad told me I am different than my brothers and sisters. He said that I should focus on training, not having fun," tears slid down his cheeks, triggering you to wrap the boy in a tight hug.

"Don't worry! We can always have fun together! I'll always be here and I will always be your friend," you reassured him.

You pulled away to see Todoroki crying tears of joy rather than tears of sadness. He clasped your hands tightly and looked into your eyes. You could see genuine happiness in those multi-colored eyes.

"I'll always be your friend too, (F/n)-chan."