Chapter 37

Not edited*

Amelia's pov.

The boys had told us they'd be outside at around 7:30 to pick us up but it was currently a quarter til 6 and Sierra and I were sprawled on top of the mess that was now my closet, hopelessly looking for an outfit.

"How the hell do I have this many clothing items and can't decide on a single outfit" Sierra muttered exasperated.

"Sierra, you do know this is my closet right" I asked sitting up only to find her face down in a pile of tops.

"That explains why I don't remember buying any of this" she replied, her voice muffled by the clothing.

Laughing at her forgetfulness, I got up and shuffled threw the heap to reach the dresses and pulled one out that I believed what look good on Sierra. Tossing it on her head, I waited patiently as she got up to examine the dress.

The dress was a peach colored, ribbed t-shirt dress and had a knot on the bottom, before she could say anything, I grabbed a pair of knee high grey suede boots to go with the dress. Nodding in approval, she strutted dramatically towards the bathroom, leaving me to contemplate outfit ideas on my own.

I grabbed a cream vest to wear as well as a basic white shirt and paired it with some jeans to go with it. Because it was a casual night, I didn't want to be over the top with my outfit knowing fully well that my drunken singing would be dramatic enough.

"Why haven't I seen you in this dress" Sierra asked as she stepped out of the bathroom in her outfit and made her way towards the vanity to start her makeup.

"I never knew I had it before today" I answered making a mental note to go through and organize my closet.

I quickly shrugged out of my lounge wear and into the outfit I chose, thankful that I was blessed with curly hair which eliminated having to style my hair.

"Can I ask a question" Sierra asked not taking her attention away from her makeup.

"You already did but I guess I shall allow another" I joked watching as she glared at my reflection in the mirror.

"Why didn't you tell me that your father was back in your life?"

My eyes widened at her question and I watched as she set down the brush to turn her attention to me. I had been meaning to let Sierra know what was happening but I never got around to it considering I had met with my father yet again yesterday.

"Connor stumbled across a note meant for Ivan that had information about you in it. It didn't take long for him to tell me and once I read the note, everything kinda fell into place." She explained as I furrowed my eyebrows at the mention of the letters addressed to Ivan about my family.

"How did Connor find the notes"

"He was going through his mail when he found it, I'm guessing whoever put it there did it on accident. After he showed me the note, he put it back in the correct mailbox" she assured. I took a moment to comprehend what she was telling, slightly baffled that Ivan kept these letters from me.

"Well, everything was happening so fast and my life was slowly unraveling that I wasn't sure what to believe anymore. I didn't want to tell anyone because I felt that if I verbalized what was occuring in my life, the reality of it all would set in and I was too scared to face that" I explained, feeling awful that Sierra found the news out for herself.