Chapter 35

Not edited*

Amelia's pov.

Thanking the cab driver I stepped out only to be greeted by my fathers building. Coming here alone probably wasn't the smartest thing in the world but I didn't feel like dragging Ivan through my problems once more, though his presence would do wonders with calming my nerves. I left Ivan a note but silently prayed I was back before he had awoken or else I would never hear the end of it.

Taking a deep breath, I marched into the building with my head held high and completely disregarded the receptionist as I strolled through the lobby and straight to the elevators. I was thankful I was alone in the elevator to get my nerves in check but of course with my luck someone stopped the elevator from closing and stepped in beside me. Ignoring the stranger, I took the time to rehearse what I was going to say to my father once I saw him.

"I knew you'd make the right decision love" the stranger said startling me from his baritone voice. Confused, I took a moment to survey this guy's appearance not recognizing his face but the voice sounded familiar.

"I'm sorry, do I know you" I asked eager to find out the identity of the mystery man.

"Of course I don't expect you to know who I am but I was almost certain my voice would give it away" he chirped with a slight grin.

I took a moment to rack my brain on how I knew this guy when suddenly it clicked. I immediately threw a punch to the mystery man's arm aiming to wound him but his expression said otherwise.

"You're the asshole who snuck up on me to say and I quote '"You're father will be expecting you to meet him at his office tomorrow morning alone, unless you'd like for their to be consequences'" I mocked in my terrible attempt at a British accent which I didn't realize he had until now. The guy bursted into fits of laughter clearly amused at my horrible accent.

"Well, I never knew I sounded that awful to you Americans" he spoke sobering up from laughing.

"You don't sound bad it's just I'm not the greatest with accents" I stated, my cheeks tinted red from blushing.

"I do however want to apologize for scaring you yesterday, your father asked me to give you the message but I felt the hoody and scary voice was very necessary in building up tension" he ranted causing me to giggle at his thought process.

"It worked..."

"Philip Wagner at your service malady" he introduced himself dramatically.

"Well Mr. Wagner, although you are quite the interesting fellow, I must be getting to the meeting with my father or I hear their will be consequences" I say quoting his words from yesterday as I step out of the elevator.

"Well Amelia, I do hope to see you around" he says with a smile and wink. Smiling back, I nod before walking towards my father's office the nerves returning once more. Knocking softly, I slowly open the door and take in the appearance of my father. His dark hair having sprinkles of grey hairs and his eyes a pool of brown which was a contrast from the green eyes I got from my mother.

"Hello, father" I greeted making sure my voice was void of all emotions. I could tell by his facial expression that my lack of emotion didn't sit well with him.

"Please sit" he ordered as I carelessly through myself into one of the main chairs in his office. His office was no joke and if I were anyone, it would've impressed me greatly.

"You called me down here to explain yourself so go ahead" I snapped angered at his silence. His eyes blazed in anger at my rude tone but he began to speak anyway.