Chapter Twenty-Seven

~~~~~ Kylie – First Heartbreak ~~~~~

 As she ascended the stairs Alexandria's words echoed in her head. No matter how hard Kylie tried not to cry, tears were rolling down her cheeks as she closed the door shut and slowly began to let her body fall to the ground. She brought her knees up and hugged them positioning her head inside not wanting to scream. She felt her heart ache like never before and did not know what to do to ease the pain. She didn't know what to do with herself. Hugging her knees even tighter than before Kylie knew that this is what she should have felt when Anthony broke up with her.

After a few minutes of crying, Kylie got up and went to her drawer. She took a deep breath and got all the pictures she ever drew of the girl. She looked at every single picture and then put them all in the trash wanting to delete every memory of Alexandria Santiago from her brain. Kylie was sure that forgetting what she feels for the girl is going to be the most difficult thing she has ever had to endure.

She could still not truly believe it. Kylie was having such a good time with her girl at the mall. She enjoyed seeing Alex all protective of her and even felt flattered that the girl would care so much about her. If it were any other person, Kylie was sure she would have said something but since it was her girl, Kylie was more than OK with it. So when thinking back, she couldn’t comprehend what went wrong, what she did wrong?

Thinking only seemed to bring her down, so Kylie decided to go to the bathroom to get a quick shower before going to the party. She stripped out of her clothes letting the hot water with the steam it produced try to sooth her aching heart or at least make it heart a little less. Kylie then found herself crying even harder than before proving that the shower was not doing its job but was thankful that the noise of the water drowned the sound of her cries.  Kylie told herself more than once to stop crying, but she found it was easier said than done.

Getting out the bathroom she got a towel and wiped her face wanting to erase every trace of her pain but again was disappointed to find that even that did not work. When she looked up she noticed that she was about to open the door to go into Alexandria’s room. She somehow found the strength to let go of the door knob and go the opposite way to her own room. When entering her room Kylie saw that the screen on her phone displayed a miss call and a text message in which Anthony informed her that the guests were already arriving. Kylie quickly changed into her bikini and put on some shorts with a white see through shirt and finished by putting on some light makeup knowing that she might get wet. She fixed her hair and prayed that her eyes would not betray her.

“Alex, someone is here for you.” Kylie heard Rachael's voice calling for Alex from the other side of her door. Kylie's body stiffened and her eyes began to water as she heard Alex’s door close and her footsteps as she hurried down the stairs. This is not happening. Kylie thought to herself putting her hand on the doorknob for support.

Kylie took a couple deep breaths and after a few moments she pushed the door open putting her dark sunglasses on and started to leave. “Kylie, I thought you were going to take Alex to the party with you.” Kylie stopped and turned to face Rachael begging that her voice was back to normal. “She was asked by someone in school.” she simply said giving Rachael a forced smile and a hug goodbye. Rachael noticed nothing and asked no more questions which Kylie was thankful for.

On the drive to Anthony's house, Kylie heard a familiar song playing on the radio. Her eyes began to water as she squeezed the steering wheel tighter when she listened to the words playing out the car speakers. This is defiantly not going to be easy. She thought as she sped up using all the shortcuts she knew. At this speed she was sure to get there in record timing.