Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

~~~~~ Alex - Important Decision ~~~~~

Rachel came to pick me up after school. "How was your day?" she asked as I got in the car. Memories came rushing back. A huge smile spread across my face as I remembered Kylie and her amazing smile. Her amazing eyes, her amazing laugh...

"It was one of the best days I've had in a while." I say seriously. Rachel smiled and started to drive away.

I tell Rachel everything that happened today. She was quiet and let me talk the whole drive. She didn't mind and seemed to enjoy the conversation. She would nod and smile in my direction every now and then at the appropriate places which made me think she wasn't really listening or didn't care.

"So, you once again deified gravity, destroyed school property, went out of campus to eat lunch, and were about to beat the schools best girl athlete in her own game. Did I get everything or is there something else?" Rachel asked as we approach the house.

I smile and shake my head no. She was actually listening. "So, do you have any homework?" She parked the car and turned to ask me.

'Do you have homework?' I have no idea. 'Damn! She has you so whipped!' no she doesn't! 'Yes she does.'

"No." I get out the car. Rachel locks the car and heads inside.

Mike comes out and runs straight to Rachel. "Baby!!!" he yelled as he lifted and spun her around. "I missed you." he tells her after a kiss.

"I missed you too." Rachel blushed and looked at me embarrassed. Mike saw this and immediately put Rachel down. He put a hand behind his head ashamed. "Sorry." he murmured scratching his neck. He looked like a little kid who had been caught with his hand inside the cookie jar.

"It's ok I'll get used it." I tell them.

Rachel raised an eyebrow and looked at Mike than at me. "So you're staying?" she asked surprised.

"Yes." I say confidently.

'When did you decide this?' Just now. 'That's my bitch!' excuse me? 'You're excused.'

Mike ran in my direction and gave me a bear hug. I had to stand on my toes to reach up and hug him back, but it still wasn't enough so he picked me up and spun me around. Rachel laughed the whole time.

We all went in the house together. I was in the middle being hugged by both mike and Rachel. It felt right. Nothing felt weird or out of place. For the first time in years, I was starting to feel like I belong.

~~~~~ Kylie - What Now? ~~~~~

Kylie walked to the nearest motel she could find. The price allowed her to stay a minimum of three days but found that this was the cheapest motel in the city. The motel would do until she could afford something better. What now? She asked herself once inside the room.

The room was simple. It had a bed and a night stand with an alarm and lamp on top. An old television was set on the main dresser. Kylie put her bags down on the bed and went to check out the rest of the room. The bathroom was small with a small tub and showerhead and that was it. This was now Kylie's new room for at least three days.

It had been a long day and she was exhausted. Kylie didn't want to stay in the room. She missed her room where she would do whatever she wanted and not have to report it.