Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

                                 ~~~~~ Alex - What are you doing to me? ~~~~~

When I woke up the next day, Kylie was gone. 'I can't believe slept the whole damn day.' me either. My stomach growled loudly and started to hurt. Ignoring the pain I got up and took a cold shower.

As I was in the shower, my hand went slowly to my lips. They felt tingly and sticky. I had lip-gloss on them and yet I don't wear any. The flavor was amazing. I've never liked watermelon, but this was different. Watermelon lip-gloss is now my new favorite flavor.

I changed into some jeans and a black polo shirt. Kylie somehow didn't get out of my head. I once again brought my hand to my lips and felt the same as before.

'This, whatever it is, has to stop right now.' please don't say that.

When I got to the room, Rachel was sitting on the bed. I froze and stared at her. 'What did you do now?' I haven't done anything. 'Then why is she here.' Well, this is HER house.

Rachel looked up and smiled. I let out a sigh of relief realizing that she didn't look mad. I closed the door and went to sit beside her.

"What happened yesterday?" Rachel asks grabbing my hands. I look at her face which is full of both concern and confusion. "When I went to pick you up, you weren't there. I looked everywhere for you, your phone was off and I panicked." tears began to form in her eyes. I hug her tightly.

"I'm sorry. I completely forgot to turn the phone on." I said into her hair. She let me go a few seconds later and looked at me with a serious expression.

"Why do you do that?" she asks releasing me.

"Do what?" I ask her confused.

"Refer to things as if they don't belong to you, when in fact, they do." Her eyes kept searching for something but I don't know what she was searching for, or what she might find.

"No they don't." I say quietly. "This is not my home, Rachel. The things you provide will never be mine." I get up and go to the closet. Rachel follows shortly after.

"All this is not mine," I wave my hand around the room. "It's yours. You bought it, not me. I appreciate all you guys have done for me, but please don't expect anything but a thank you from me." It sounded harsh. I know I hurt her, but its better this way. She needs to know so she doesn't get her hopes up. I'll only end up messing everything up anyway.

"I know I asked you for a month, but now I ask you to give me three. Give me three months-" I cut her off and didn't let her finish.

"Rachel, please don't make this harder than it needs to be. You don't want me here, trust me. I know you and Mike will be happy together with your own kids, not me." Grabbing my skateboard and backpack I head out the room. Rachel follows behind asking me to come back.

Mike was downstairs waiting for Rachel. He didn't try to stop me when I passed him. He gave Rachael a comforting hug and kiss before I headed out the front door. I put my backpack on and put my skateboard down.

'You could try, you know.' try what? 'Give her the three months. Make those months count, and if it doesn't work out, then you just leave.

I grab my hair in frustration and pump my legs harder.

Just leave me alone! 'I'll leave you alone when you answer me this, what's with you and this Kylie chick?' if I knew that, I wouldn't be like this now would I? 'You-'