Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten 

                               ~~~~~ Kylie - unexpected but accepted ~~~~~

She woke out of a strange dream with her forehead sweaty. This dream, as much as she wished it was, was not about Alex. No, this dream seemed surreal. Kylie had not yet opened her eyes for the fear of the dream being true. She wanted to hold on to the illusion that everything was okay.

"It was just a dream." maybe if she said it out loud, it won't be true. The dream will stay a dream. She convinced herself to open her eyes after a few moments of arguing with herself.

She slowly opens them and as soon as she sees the dark unfamiliar room she immediately closes them.  

The dream was true. She did have a fight with her mother. She would not be able to see Gabriel's smile every day. She is for now, living in a hotel room. She no longer has a home to go to.

Everything changed from day to night and Kylie did not know what was going to happen. It was all just too much bit with her head held high she took a deep breath and faced the truth.

The day before, Kylie might have been out of it, but today she told herself that things were going to change. She was going to take charge of her life.

So, acting upon this thought, Kylie got out of bed, went to the bathroom, and turned the warm water so she could take a shower. She stripped out of her clothes and steeped inside. The steam surrounded her entire body in pleasant warmth.

The warm water gave her some of the warmth she desperately needed, some of the warmth she had lost not long ago, but water cannot replace her mother’s hugs and words of encouragement. The water could never replace Gabe's warm smile. The water would never in a million year replace Alex's lips.

Kylie went back to when she had kissed those lips. She just couldn't take it. The girl was so beautiful and she was so close to her. She just had to see what it was like to kiss Alex, the girl who has her every thought. The girl she felt a strong connection with.

"Wow." She whispered as she brought her hand to her lips. All the same sensations came to her lips. The tenderness, even the softness and the wonderful taste of Alex's lips, everything.

The memory was so vivid. It was like she were kissing Alex all over again, as she stood there remembering the moment when she actually did kiss those lips.

Something brought her back to reality. Whatever it was, Kylie realized something that would change the course of her life, things she could no longer deny to herself.

"I kissed a girl." it was the first time since it happened that she had actually said it to herself and out loud. "I kissed a girl who I like. I kissed I girl who drives me crazy. I kissed a girl." Admitting this was strange. She had never pictured herself kissing another girl. She had never even looked at a girl as more than a friend.

"What if she doesn't like me and gets mad when she finds out I kissed her?" she paced back and forth. The water suddenly became way too hot as it hit her bare skin. She passed her hands through her wet hair frantically.

"What have I done?" She wanted to tell herself to forget the girl, but couldn't even imagine seeing Alex and not having the feeling she has for her. She could not stand the thought of not seeing the girls face every day for the rest of her life, even if it were from afar.

Frustrated with herself, Kylie just turned off the water and went to get dressed. She dried her hair and wrapped the towel around her body. She went to her gym bag and searched for clothes.