Chapter Twenty-Four

Chapter Twenty-Four

                   ~~~~~ Alex - Heaven or reality? ~~~~~

Wait!" I tell Kylie putting my hands on her abdomen making her stop mere inches away from my lips. I quickly regret it when I feel her under my fingertips causing my breath to catch and realize how close she really is to me.

'What the fuck are you doing?! She was about to kiss you! The girl of your dreams, the girl you're in love with was about to kiss you!' I know, but does she love me back? 'Obviously she does if she was about to kiss you!' but I don't know that for sure. 

"Alexandria Santiago, please stop talking to yourself and tell me why you want me to stop." Her breath hit my face with every word she spoke causing me to close my eyes and inhale her intoxicating smell. This simple thing made me forget what I was going to ask Kylie in the first place. A few seconds later I shake my head trying to think straight.

'Lesbians can't think straight.' I swear I will beat you senseless. 'I'm just stating the truth.' 

Once again I shake my head and finally ask her what I've been meaning to ask her the entire time.

"Do you, do you … love me back?" I look into the blue orbs I fell for the very first time I laid my eyes on them. I hold my breath anxiously awaiting to hear the words that will send me to heaven or break me into a million pieces. 

Kylie is the first person to make me feel a kind of happiness that gets me through the day. She's the only person I have loved more than life itself. Kylie Balthazar is the one person I cannot live without. 

"I love you, Alexandria." Kylie says wrapping her arms around my waist, bringing our bodies impossibly closer. A huge grin takes over my face not even close to actually expressing the happiness overtaking my entire being. We look into each others eyes smiling like crazy fools. Kylie's smile then turns wicked making my hands go limp on my sides. What is she up to now?

"I love your dimples." Kylie lowers her head kissing my left dimple and then lifts her head bringing it back down to kiss my right one. "I love your hunting beautiful dark brown eyes." I close my eyes as she kisses them slowly.  Her lips send shivers down my spine every time they make contact with my skin. I open my eyes reminding myself to breath. Just as I open my eyes I see Kylie biting her lower lip before saying, "I love the taste of your lips." My eyes grow wide as I comprehend what she just admitted to me and because what she just did with her lip was the hottest thing I've ever witnessed in my 16 years of being on this earth.

'I told you! She stole your first kiss.' I really don't mind. She can do it again and again if she wishes to do so.

If we would have had 2 more seconds I could have had Kylie's lips on mine making me the happiest person on the entire earth, but no, we were interrupted by Rachael's voice saying dinner was ready. 

We both jump when hearing the voice outside the door and laugh at how quickly we untangled our bodies.

"Come on, I'm honestly starving." Kylie reaches over to hold my hand and gently squeezes it. I follow her out the room not really aware of my surrounding.  A million butterflies are going crazy inside my stomach threatening to explode at any second just from the simple pleasure of our fingers intertwined with one another. Her eyes lock with mine as we walk together making my heart speed up.

"What's for dinner?" Kylie asks Rachael as we arrive at the table still holding hands. A huge smile still occupies my face determined to permanently stay there as long as her hand is in mind. We let go of each others hands when we are both self conscious and aware that we have an audience and are not alone in the music room. 

"spaghetti and meatballs." Mike answers setting two plates down on the table turning to look at us for a positive reaction. I sniff the air and grin when the smell satisfies my nose making my stomach growl a little. I sit down Kylie sitting right next to me.

Sending a quick prayer to God, I look over to his most  beautiful creation and watch as she smiles one of her best breathtaking smiles. I have to remind myself to breathe once again when I notice the absence of air in my lungs.

"The doctor said that you could go back to school Monday but until then you have to rest as much as you possibly can. And since we all know you have no intention of lying in bed for 3 days, we have decided to let you do whatever your heart desires. Just make sure are safe so you don't hurt yourself." I turn to Rachael and then to Mike with my eyebrows raised.

"Are you sure you want to do that? My definition of safe and your definition of safe are way different." The both of then turn to look at each other and nod their heads making my smile a little wider.

This whole house all to myself for 3 days.

'I got big plans for you kid.' so I do, so do I.

“What do you do to relax then?” Mike asks putting his glass of water down.

"I can get pretty boring since my idea of relaxing involves reading a book on things I haven't learned how to do yet, or even yoga." Kylie looks at me weirdly from the corner of her eye causing me to stop eating and turn to her.

"what?" I say looking at her confused. She shakes her head at me but says nothing in return. "what?" I ask again really curious as to why she's acting this way. 

"I didn't picture you to be the kind of girl who does yoga." Kylie says wrapping some spaghetti on her fork and bringing it to mouth. She slowly chews her food making my mouth water as I stare at her movements. When catching myself doing just that, I clear my throat and play it cool.

"There's a lot of things I do that would blow your pretty little mind." I smirk my butt off when I see her blush, her cheeks turning the cutest shade of pink I've ever seen.

'But you hate pink.' Can you honestly say that now that you've seen Kylie's face. 'No you're right. That is adorable not to mention sexy as hell.'

The dinner goes on smoothly with everyone making up random conversations or an occasional joke. I laugh when I see some spaghetti sauce on Kylie's nose almost making me spit out the water in my mouth. I get a napkin from the table and wipe it off causing the pink to come back to her cheeks.

"My mother told me that when i was born i punched the nurse who was carrying me right in the nose. My dad caught it on tape and showed it to everyone at my fifth birthday to show everyone that when his daughter came out, she came out a fighter.” I can clearly see his proud face as he stood by the television pointing at me when my fist made contact with the nurses face. Next thing I know I find myself in grandmas house with my parents and our old dog, Pico explaining the whole thing to our closest friends. “I felt so bad when i saw it that i personally went down to the hospital and apologized to the nurse. She winced as she remembered it but then laughed and accepted my apology." 

Everyone laughs when i tell the story. Kylie chokes on air as she tries to catch her breath from laughing so hard. I gently pat her back waiting for her to get better. 

The next few minutes were spent with childhood memories shared by everyone. Rachael had a weird camping story involving a fake bear and her little sister drinking a blue liquid that to this day remains a mystery as to what exactly it was. 

When Mike is talking about his trip to the Bahamas, Kylie puts her hand on my thigh and slowly starts to rub circles around it making me loose focus on everything around me. She looks straight at Mike and occasionally nods and  laughs at his story successfully hiding the torture she's putting me under. My absolute attention revolves on her hand going up and down my thigh in a circular motion that is seriously driving me insane. I glare at her and slap her hand away when I can no longer stand it since she was close to dangerous territory. Kylie giggles but tries to hide it with a cough that seems to go unnoticed by everyone but me. 

"Goodnight girls." Both Rachael and mike tell us as we ascend the stairs to our rooms after an hour and a half spent watching TV in the living room. I look back down at them and say goodnight putting my hands together and bowing my head respectfully. Kylie also says goodnight and follows behind me.

"Why did you do that thing with your hands?" Kylie asks as we get closer to our rooms. I turn back and face her with the intention  to answer her question but then stop when she is once again closer than I thought possible. "it's a tradition my parents taught me when I was little. Every morning I would wake up and greet like that as well as at night when they tucked me in. It just stuck with me." she smiles one of those fricking smiles that make my knees weak and the butterflies in my stomach go crazy. I continue to walk towards my room and notice Kylie following right behind me. She stops when I open the door but then continues when I make my way inside the room.

"You have some explaining to do." Kylie tells me closing and locking the door behind her. I freeze as she makes her way to me not sure what to expect at this point. This girl is driving me insane.

"First of all why were you about to  kiss Ismael?" She looks at me directly in the eyes never looking away as she keeps walking towards after every word she spoke. My body becomes stiff as she is close enough to where her breath once again hits my face blinding me and silencing every though in my head.

'Dios mío!' (oh my God!) 

"I imagined it was you. When I realized it was Ismael I snapped out of it and backed away making him kiss the air. That's when I saw you crying. Everything happened so fast that I couldn't explain anything to anybody because I didn't even know what had happened." When telling her the truth her features become understanding and relaxed even happy with my explanation.

"Why did you beat up the cops?" was her next question. I lower my head to answer her question not wanting her to see the hurt in my eyes as memory plays in my head. 

"They wouldn't let me go up the factory to reach you. I saw you screaming like a maniac on the roof of the factory and almost fall, I snapped and got myself free from their grasp. I didn't mean to hurt them but they wouldn't let me go. When i finally spoke to you,  I couldn't handle you not wanting me there by your side, so i left not wanting to bother you anymore since it was clear that you wanted nothing to do with me." Kylie lifts my chin silencing me instantly. I take my eyes off the ground and stare into her intense eyes.

"Never. Say. That. Again. You hear me?." Kylie pauses after every word making her point loud and clear. She then pushes me down on the bed positioning herself on top of me with her legs by my side and her hands on the sides of my head enclosing me completely.

"I've wanted to kiss you ever since I held you in my arms. I have never wanted anybody as much as I want you." Those were the words that melted my heart away into a beautiful bliss. My body explodes with happiness as I close my eyes anticipating the moment our lips touch. When nothing happens I open my eyes slowly wondering why she won't do it. Kylie is just hovering over me her breath hitting my face making the moment a million times more intense.

"aren't you going to tell me to stop?" Kylie says making me glare at her and finally bring her lips to mine. The kiss makes everything I’ve been through worth it. Never have I tasted anything as wonderful in my life. Never have I experienced such joy as the one I’m feeling as I kiss her tender lips. Never has electricity run through my entire body with such pleasure and intensity.

When the kiss gets a little heated I slightly part my lips from hers breathing heavily needing some air. As we both open our eyes I smile looking at her face so close to mine not truly believing that I have her with me right now. 

"Can you stay tonight?" I tell her not even aware of what I just asked but just aware that I want to stay with her forever. Her eye brows go up and her mouth slightly opens at my words. Realizing what I just said, I quickly try to fix it. "No, no, no, not to.. never mind forget i said anything." My hands cover my face trying to hide my shame and embarrassment.

Kylie grabs my hands and puts them above my head. "I'd love to stay." She says lowering her head. Her lips once again send me to my own personal heaven and back to enjoy the feeling of her lips against my own. As the minutes pass by we find ourselves still kissing the life out of each other. 

"We should go to bed. You have school tomorrow." I remind Kylie rolling our bodies over so she's in the bed and I'm on top of her for a change. After a quick peck I  get off her and go to the closet to look for a shirt and sweat pants so I can sleep comfortably. When I find some, I take both my shirt and jeans off putting them with the other dirty clothes in a basket. A gasp that came behind me scares me making me jump and aloud scream almost escape my throat.

"Gosh I'm sorry." Kylie says turning around and covering her eyes murmuring something I can't hear under her breath. I quickly put on the shirt and sweat pants on. "You can turn around now." I tell her walking back to the room while putting my hair up in a messy bun.
"Can you help me with this?" Kylie asks me grabbing her hair and putting it to her side revealing her back to me. My hands are shaking as I grab the zipper and begin to slowly pull it down. "Thanks." Kylie says walking over to my closet. I let a deep breath out shaking the dirty thoughts that entered my mind. A minute later she comes out wearing my basketball shorts and a white undershirt.

'Holy shit! Can someone really look that hot in your clothes?' I think that's a yes. God, this is torture! 

"Hey I've been meaning to ask you.” I manage to take my eyes off her body and look at her in the eyes which is not better at all. “Can you come with me tomorrow to see my brother. I promised him I would take him somewhere and bring a special friend with me." Kylie looks at me with her eyes glimmering in the light. I smile nodding my head yes. She smiles and does a mini happy dance. That dance is now permanently engraved in my head as one of the cutest things Kylie has done in my presence.

"I'll pick you up first so we can go for him at his school and then go eat somewhere. Sound good?"

To assure that it's alright i walk up to her and give her a light kiss. She closes her eyes putting her hands around my waist making the light kiss turn into something bigger.

~~~~~