7

I-i- i am speechless! Thank you so much for 1k reads! Here is a appreciation surprise chapter!

Love ya all! 💗🌹

Gregori leads me into our room

Gregori leads me into our room. Well that was short family introduction. Ekaterina is lovely, his uncle is creepy and King is prying.

"Explain." I say to him standing by the window not wanting to look at him. If he thinks I will agree with some weird traditions, he has another thing coming.

Why is the tradition that way anyway? I mean watching someone's first time being intimate, that just plain weird and creepy. And the one who is being intimate, even if not for the first time, and agreeing to have the audience it's just crazy.

"I wanted to tell you that, but I thought you weren't ready Treasure." He tries to soothe my anger.

"Which part? The one we lie for the first time together in front of god knows who? The one where we need to be allowed to have children? Or the one when they will examine me to test my virtue?" I seethe.

Gregori sighs and sits on the leather couch. No I am still not looking at him, couch made a sound so I know. "There are King's five council men. They want to be sure that future King and Queen consummated their marriage. They aren't directly watching there is a see-through silk. And we have to wed first." I remain silent, letting him to continue, I will answer him later. I need to marry him first?

"For children, we are expected to have one in our first year of marriage." I remain silent again.

"They want to make sure you are." And now is my turn to talk. I am a mountain nymph and mom always told my brother and dad not to mess with me. Once I have enough, I have enough.

"Listen to me and listen to me well Gregori. If they don't believe that I am virtuous, they can check our sheets for all I care the next morning. They don't need to examine me. When I pass my virtue test, they will have proof we consummated our marriage. For children I don't have any complain. I don't plan on marrying you tomorrow." He tries to talk but I cut him off. I slowly start walking closer to him.

"I allowed you to drink my blood, I am understanding regarding the rules, but this is just plain bullshit. I am trying to fit in and be good mate as much as I can but I will not be a little puppet. I deserve to be respected and I don't think that our intimate act being watched is giving me that. For you men it's easy. But for me. I will let 5 more men see my body, the one I wanted only my mate to see."

He gives another try in talking but I am on a role. "And I will not accept that. I feel we have a strong bond and I don't expect from you to stop being prince but if that is what it takes to be with you -I can't. I am sorry but I can't then."

And now he can talk. He takes my hands in his and I let him, his touch is very soothing. He sighs deeply. "I am sorry. I didn't consider how would you feel. I have grown up this way and I didn't see anything wrong in it. But now, with your explanation I see how this is wrong.

I wouldn't want any other man to see your body too. I will talk to father and council. I think sheets are a proof enough. I apologize again Treasure. You are the best mate one could have and I wasn't being considerate." I feel myself caving in.

No. No Evelyn. He didn't even consider your emotions and thoughts in this one! Not until you yelled at him!

"Better go talk to him right away." I say and go back to standing near the window.

Maybe I was being too harsh.

No, I am not being too harsh.

I hear him getting up and leaving our room. Hmm what to do. I look around the room and notice a small table with blank paper and ink. Maybe I should write my family a letter.

Yes this is a good idea. I know I could just call them but I think there is something special if you write someone a letter.

Dear mom, dad and Kai!

I wanted you to know I am alright and adjusting to life here in this castle.

I am safe and sound and my mate is treating me well. I have met his little sister which by the way is really cute. I am yet to have tour of the ground, and when I do I will tell you all about it.

I will be honest I miss you a bit. I miss bickering with you Kai, and our talking mom and of course your hugs dad. But I hope I will have a reason to come to visit soon with my mate.

I hope pack is alright. Greetings to Annalissa, Aaron, Amelia, Mason, Kennedy, Dimitri,... you know what greetings to whole pack. I love them all.

I don't want to take too much of your time so this will be it. Write me back whenever you can.

Yours,
Evelyn ❤️

I finish writing a letter and nicely fold it. Writing an adress on it. Now I just really need to make sure this gets to them.

Suddenly door burst open and in come Gregori, King and Ekaterina. I stand up and slightly bow to King, who only glares at me.

"Is it true? You want for us to disrespect our tradition!? You can just ger rid of her son! I will find you a better Queen." King says harshly and just as fast, as he came in, he was gone. Gregori's eyes red and Ekaterina didn't know what to do.

Well...

"Ekaterina honey, why don't you go play a bit?" Ekaterina smiles at me and skips out. She is probably used to outbursts like this.

Well and now to deal with my mate.