31

This last few months flew by

This last few months flew by. Gregori is constantly working against rebellion, unfortunately they have been hurting what means the most to both of us as leaders - defenseless village people.

Me and Brianna have been working so hard to establish equality and provide homes and food for everyone. To make sure every child, man and woman is taken care of. It took a lot of time, effort and money from treasury. My Beloved of course said that the money from treasury is supposed to be used for the kingdom. And people are the kingdom.

I fall more and more in love with him every day.

Serafina has grown so much and it's now a little toddler and I could listen to her talk all day long. She mimics Gregori in everything, definitely a daddy's girl.

Brianna and Byron finally started dating. And as far as Gregori told me Byron is already planning to propose.

"Mama." Serafina comes wobbling into my office.

"Hello sweetheart, have you been good to Brianna today?"

"Mama." She repeats, waving her hands toward me to pick her up.

"She was as sweet as always. You have such smart daughter." Brianna follows close behind. Most of the days when I am working they explore the garden and play. I will be honest, being a queen and a mom is very hard. I appreciate her help in looking after Sera.

I know she misses Byron a lot, so Sera fills up her lonely days.

"Evelyn..could we maybe talk?" She interrupts my thoughts as I am watching my daughter draw. I set up a small desk and chairs in my office so she can 'work' with me.

"Yes of course Brianna. You are my friend, you dont have to ask." She looks very pale and nervous. She is making me nervous.

"I-i dont know how to tell you this or anyone to be honest.. but I am pregnant." At her words the fear leaves my body and is replaced by happiness.

"Thats a wonderful news! Does Byron know?" I ask as I get up and embrace her in a hug.

"N-no. It's so early and we have been careful and I don't know how he will react." She says shakily.

"Bri. You know Byron loves you. He adores you. You will make him so happy and you definitely have nothing to worry about." Hopefully the calmness of my voice helps her calm down and take a new perspective on this whole situation.

"How long have you known?"

"Only two weeks."

"Thats a long time. How on earth could you keep this quiet for so long? I would burst out and spill it all after two days!" I am trying to make her laugh but I am also not joking. I almost slipped many times while waiting to tell Gregori about our blessing.

"It complicates things." Brianna quietly answers.

"What do you mean by that Bri? He will be so happy." I gently take her hands in mine and squeeze them, offering reassurance.

"It's something we never talked about. And the whole mate thing it's still so fresh. I don't want him to think I am trapping him into anything." Her breath shallow and eyes teary.

"Oh Bri, he won't think that. He made a decision to not follow that path. He wants to spend his life with you. You aren't trapping him in anything. You are his choice. And I know he always wanted a family. Imagine the joy in his eyes and smile on his face when you tell him. Don't let fear stop you from something amazing."

Bri is more of a quiet type of girl so she just nods her head.

"Now wipe those tears, go find Byron and tell him the happy news!" I nudge her with my shoulder a bit. While I wasn't paying attention to my daughter she started ripping paper out of book that was no the desk. I can't leave her unsupervised, not even for a minute.

If she wouldn't be my daughter, we would have some serious problem.

"What you doing little monkey? Ruining mommy's books? When you will be older you will know that books are treasure, you will cherish them."

"Are you trying to nerd up my daughter?" We get interrupted by my handsome beloved.

"Hey! I am not a nerd."

"Of course not. You just like to spend more time with books than me." Gregori teasingly answers as he walks into the room. Serafina immediately start reaching for him.

"You want to escape all the nerdiness and be as cool as daddy? I know, one day you will rule this kingdom so you need to be strong."

"She is just a human Gregori." I remind him. Not that it means she is anything less but I hate the thought of her getting hurt because she isn't as strong. Everyone takes advantage of weakness.

"She will just have to work twice as much. We will support her and whatever she decides to do is up to her. She can live in human world or here. She can rule or not. I don't want any of our children to feel pressured." Everyday I fall more and more in love with this man.

"Speaking of chil-" I get interrupted by loud ringing and yelling.

"ATTACK! CASTLE IS UNDER ATTACK!"