33

This is it, the moment we have been waiting for!

A week after we got the castle back in order my family visited Russia. My sister in law is pregnant again, so it was just my mom, dad and brother. My dad and brother were absolutely livid I didn't call for help. My mom understood why I didn't. I had faith in my beloved that he knows what he is doing and I didn't want to put even more of my family members in danger. On top of that we didn't predict the attack.

I told Gregori what happened that day. I felt ashamed of myself for letting another man touch me. Thanks to Byron the worse didnt happen. But just having some man on top of me, lifting my dress while he is exposed was enough for me to feel like I failed as a wife. Gregori had his own guilt trip afterwards. He felt like he failed me as a husband. Failed to protect me and exposed me to danger. But we both knew what we are going into being King and Queen. All it matters to me that we protected our little gem and people.

Russia is safe and balanced now. People are happy. We are still building homes and making sure people have food but they see the effort and change. They see their royals actually care for them. Gregori is personally overseeing everything with Byron.

Brianna finally told Byron she is pregnant, to say he was excited is understatement. He made sure she is not working anymore, gets plenty of rest and nutrients. They also have a wedding planed in two months. Byron insisted they do it the right way, since Brianna is a woman that deserves no less.

Speaking of pregnancies... I am pregnant myself. With twins. Vampire twins.

Doctor could tell so early because vampire babies develop very fast, even faster than werewolves. Apparently I should be ready to pop in two months. Which is scary and it's making Gregori freak out that nothing is ready. Like excuse me sir, we are running the country as well. We can be a little late with preparations.

I have my own worries though. I don't want people to rule out Serafina as a queen just because she is human. All I want for her is to have a choice. I know old ways would have oldest male as a ruler but I think that's unfair. All of them should have a choice in how to lead their lives, but Sera should have a first pick.

Being human it's not gonna be her weakness but her strength.

I am happy to end book here and I will update a bonus chapter of when twins are born. Would you want Serafina to get her own book? 😇