Chapter Six

Disclaimer: The BBC owns everything, I just came up with the plot idea.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Six:

Amy loved her dresses, not the medieval ones that she was putting on, the ones back home, where you could just pull it on, tug a zip and you’d be done. Instead it took Amy, with the help of Gwen quite a while to pull on the posh garment, one of a deep red shade, burgundy perhaps. The embroidery was in cream and she was just drawn to it. She regretted choosing this particular dress after finding out how difficult it was to actually put on, she was glad that Guinevere had assisted her otherwise she might never be ready.

After getting on her bodice and her dress, she had to tackle her hair, she desired to leave it down but Gwen objected claiming that it was more appropriate to have it up as it seemed as though more effort would go into it. Gwen’s fingers pulled through it lightly, separating the hair. Amy’s mother used to do it when she was younger, well in one reality she had. Whilst thinking of her mother Gwen braided her hair, snapping her out of her thoughts when informing her that she was ready.

She stood up allowing the burgundy material to fall down, below her ankles, although the length was appropriate, her chest area was more exposed than if she were to wear a tank top. But this was normal attire for them, and surprisingly it was the length of the dress rather than the exposed skin that she was worried about. Surely she would fall over at some point, it was too long. She wanted shorts or skirts or trousers, or skinny jeans, skinny jeans are good, they’re nice to move in and make the butt look good too. Though the dress did enhance her cleavage which was a bonus in her books. If she gets back, no when she gets back she could wear a similar maybe shorter outfit still of medieval style instead of that cop suit, whilst Rory was a centurion, but that was another thing to think of, right now she needed to be focused on the meal she was invited to.

She went to open the door but Gwen beat her to it, she nodded showing that she was grateful. It had taken quite a while to get the dress on, but it was roughly the amount of time it usually took her to get ready, she had no need to put make up on, no other woman in this time period had the sort of make-up she did so she might as well go with the natural look.

As the door was opened she peered round to see her guard it was the one from earlier who had a big ego, yet she had knocked it down a level by defeating him. Although it seemed that a grudge was not held as he gave her a small smile, she returned it and nodded when he questioned “Are you ready for the meal Lady Pond?” They both walked down the hall at a natural speed, she felt no rush and was relaxed walking in the silence, she felt safe even though he was to protect the kingdom from her; she knew that no harm would come to her.

She noticed he was wearing some armour now which gleamed in the light. It reminded her of her centurion. Her Rory. How long before he’d give up searching for her? Probably never, he’d waited 2000 years, he’d wait more. The Doctor would help him search, but the doctor would be busy helping other people, that was his job. The Doctor could find her eventually, even if she was old and grey, he had a long life time, and he’d find her. But could Rory wait that long? Human years, such a short amount of life, it would get more dangerous as he aged. She hoped that if ever he had to give up he would find someone, but then again her heart belonged to him, she wouldn’t move on, so what about him? What if he couldn’t? A tear escaped her eye. Wiping it away, she then shook her head, dazing her slightly but clearing the thoughts, she just had to find something to focus on, something to pass the time.

She could hear someone approaching, their steps echoing against the walls. She watched the figure turn the corner and involuntarily she raised an eyebrow. It was the man wearing the helmet from training, and she watched as he slowly removed it as she approached. She was shocked to see him, she couldn’t have imagined who he was and she definitely would have not placed him as someone to reside in the castle. Her step faltered slightly but she focused herself and breathed out a “Hello.” Her voice steadier than she would have imagined even though it was an octave higher than usual. She just couldn’t believe who it was.

__________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note: A bit short for one of my chapters, but I've got the next one drafted out ready to be written. Will be updating this after the total reads for the story is over 200 (Only need eleven more reads.) I'm not one for setting targets but this one seems reasonable and I'm considerably busy over the next few days.

Thanks for reading,

Emily x