Chapter Twenty

“Well do you care to share this plan Amy?” Arthur questioned with a puzzled expression on his face.

“Nope, But I do care for a dance.” She winks to Arthur and leads him to the dance floor as passing Uther she learns and whispers “Ms Greta is in need of a dance partner your highness.” She watched Uther shudder lightly before he stood up and approached Ms Greta leading her to the dance floor.

A few more people start dancing and Amy calls over Gwen who asks “How can I help you Lady Pond?” Keeping formal around Arthur.

Amy laughs, “No need for formalities, Arthur here is in need of a dance partner, as I have some business to attend to. Have fun Gwen.”

She walks over to Uther and starts mirroring their steps until Uther notices her and steps to one side. “May I speak to Ms Greta, Uther?” He nods and bows leaving the floor to be seated once more at the table. “Hello Ms Greta.”

“Lady Amelia” She nods.

“So what’s the plan?”

“I’m sorry Lady Pond I do not understand?” She asks cautiously.

“Well are you going to have a girl wed Arthur or just use his shell?”

“I don’t-“

Amy sees that the machine is struggling, struggling to comprehend how to lie.

“Ladies, Gentlemen and Scrap Metal otherwise known as Daleks, listen up.”

The girls spin round and freeze glaring at Amy, Knights step forward towards Ms Greta in an attempt to protect Amy.

“Don’t make a move, to be quite honest I think you are a disgrace to your species, a disgrace as you are cowards. Do you know what real Daleks look like, or what your home planet was like? You are failures, not perfection. You hate humans but look how fluid our motions are or how we use emotions you despise us but you are incapable to mimic us, you do not know what it is like feeling anything other than hatred do you? I bet some of you resent your shells, their emotions linger and you cannot ever feel them again can you? You intend to ruin the whole of the human race by exterminating us but you’ll never understand our emotions will you.”

Some girls brows creased lightly the creature inside was confused.

“I had prepared the nights for some of you being part Machine but there is no armour is there? You are all fragile. Look to Ms Greta who formed you, she is a bad example she is not a good dalek, she is a coward! Forget her rank she has no honour she fled the time war rather than stopping and fighting and then she moulded you out of your enemies. You are part human. You are not perfect daleks you are like mongrels and deserve to be exterminated first as should this coward of a leader for tarnishing Dalek DNA.” Amy smiled and watched the reactions.

The girls showed they were partially human with the way they gasped, they then looked shocked at that outburst and started screaming, some just collapsed to the floor others were trying to attack Ms Greta.

“Let them at her, they know their shells were dead, its revenge.” Uther spoke and the knights let them past.

The girls started to attack her and once the creator became still so did the girls, one stood up and approached Amy. “What do we do now?”

Amy sighed, “You seem to still be slightly human, you could live as humans, you have a lot to learn but you neeed to know that if you go to kill a human you will be killing your own kind. If you cannot comit to being human then just die, you have a choice but the knights will monitor you.”

Some girls nodded and others collapsed, they had made their choice and Amy hoped some could be happy.

Uther stood and made a speech but Amy headed back to the door and started to leave, she made quick eye contact with him but he just nodded. She was tired and wanted a rest. A arm linked into her, shockingly as she turned it was Gwen with a big grin on her face. “Tonight has gone well” she commented.

Amy smiled, “Yes how was the dance with Arthur?”

Gwen laughed, “I meant with you saving us, but oh Amy it was lovely, we just danced and danced, I could tell he was worried about you but when the music stopped and the girls looked violent he put his arm round me to protect me.”

“Do you think you’ll dance again?”

“Don’t be so silly, I’m just a servant, but it was all thanks to you that we got to, thank you for a lovely evening.”

Amy smiled in response as she reached her door she turned to Gwen who followed her in and started to unlace the dress.

“But are you okay Amy? It must have been difficult.” Gwen asked.

“I never thought I’d be able to look at someone and tell them to kill themselves Gwen, for some it was the best option but it’s strange, those girls took their lives, some because they could not bare to be like us, and that I find very sad Gwen.”