Chapter Seventeen

Amy slept surprisingly well at night considering the questions that were going around in her head, she knew they were not human but did not know what else they could possibly be there was something she needed to figure out, the whole of Camelot was relying on her, but she could not go to Gaius he would not know of aliens. She had to think and why was it Ms Greta was in charge?

Amy dressed hastily although she’d rather not meet with Hector, it was an order and she had to follow them she was being allowed enough leeway as it was. She dressed for training in a simple shirt and trousers tying her hair back so that if she had to attack she could. She refused to allow herself to feel vulnerable. She opened the door to Hector who was just about to knock. “Hello.” She was greeted with a reply, she knew that the journey would not go as quick as yesterday’s due to the lack of communication, it was going to be a long day.

They approached a new building inside Camelot’s walls she knew it had been vacant and assumed that this was where they resided, It was a small house, smaller than the cottage but safer and closer to the castle, yet it had still been quite a walk down to it, a long walk in silence. The knight accompanying her commented “Now Amelia, let me do all the talking and the day should be over quickly it should be simple charming these girls.”

Sir Hector went to walk and open the door but Amelia blocked him she scoffed at his comment as she was not amused she breathed in and out slowly calming herself before replying sternly “How dare you! Sir Hector you may very well be a knight of Camelot but you have no idea what you are dealing with, let me talk and just stand there as back up, but you have already proved your fighting skills are not up to scratch!”

“Now listen here you little witch I –“

Amelia struck him across the face, he was shocked and dropped his jaw as she spoke “Hector so God help me, you know I am not from this time and thus do not know what I am capable of, if you want your manhood intact by the end of this day you will shut your mouth and address me with respect, or simply not voice your opinions and stand there mute!” He opened his mouth but she cut him off  “DON’T TALK BACK!” Amelia growled and stared down the knight, she was sick and tired of being stepped over no wonder women fought so hard for equality. How on earth this man could think that he could charm a woman was beyond her, all  he had managed to do was offend her.

She knocked lightly on the door and came face to face with Ms Greta, Her long grey hair seemed neater than before but her eyes remained hollow and lifeless, she croaked “Hello dear, do come in.”  Amy nodded as knew she was expected and entered the house, it was smaller and cramped but the girls were dotted about doing little tasks almost mechanically as they were down the streams, smiling as they worked but ignoring each other. Ms Greta had seemed to speak smoother as though she had adapted maybe absorbed some information from the town.

“Hector, ask Ms Greta any questions you think suitable.” He shot her a confused look, it did not agree with what she had said outside but he started talking, blabbering, but it allowed Amy to be free resulting in her to have a chance to wander around the house. The rooms were crammed and she looked in, beds were squashed in to accommodate them all but they looked as though they had not been slept in, did the girls have OCD or something? She made her way past barely used rooms before she reached a closed door. She heard crying clattering and begs for help, it pulled at her heart strings, she swung open the door and came face to face with two girls, smiling once again with unnatural smiles, a younger girl was wailing “My head, my head. Help.” Amy knelt in front of her she could not see what was wrong. She asked the other girls to sooth her and they placed a cold towel on her head. The girls cries continued as a creepy smile mimicking the others spread across her face “Help, please make it stop it hurts, it’s not me, I don’t want to go, it hurts so much help” She turned silent “Exter-“ The girls head drooped and she stopped, it had not been her voice, it was not her. Amy said goodbye to the girls and mentioned sending a physician if the girl was still unwell, she doubted she would be, there were no girls in the house, she then exited the room and walked up to Ms Greta. “Ma’am I will talk with Uther so the space is more accommodating and do tell that poor girl to get better but I’m afraid we have to leave.” She grasped Hectors arm and turned him to the door he struggled slightly and did not shrug her off till they left the house Hector in a strop, they paced quickly up the hill. “What the hell was that all about?” He questioned.

“Shut up.”

“Miss Pond, tell me.”

“No.”

“I don’t understand.”

“Hector please just silence I need to speak with Uther.” Amy pleaded.

He was silent for a few moments before questioning seriously “Is it that bad?”

He turned to Amy stopping in his tracks Amy nodded and continued to treck up the hill, there were no more words out of him.

“Want a ride?” Some knights on horses approached the two, a hand was outstretched to her it was Percival whom lifted her up to sit behind him as she spoke. “Please.”

“You look pale Amelia.”

“Just get me back to Camelot and get all the knights immediately, we need to talk to Uther, Camelot is in danger and Arthur even more so. This could affect the whole of every kingdom changing the future.”

“Is there anything we can do?”

“I’m thinking up a plan but I don’t know what to do yet.”

Hector spoke up, “Amy you’re the one who knows what you’re doing we’ll do what we can to help.”

She nodded and realised that pointless bickering and rivalry was not important when the fate of the kingdom was in peril.

Chapters should be more regular now.

I've finished exams and will work on a few, have more or less every chapter planned they just need writing up:)