10 - SAFER WITH YOU

"WE should stop meeting like this."

The petite teacher was genuinely surprised when her eyes landed on hers.

She saw her sitting in the far side of the restaurant where people pass you by unnoticed.

"Hey." She greeted awkwardly.

"Hello."

She sat beside her and wave for the nearby waiter. She asked for a cup of coffee.

She faced the young woman. She was looking at her hands. She is a little curious on what's interesting with her little fingers.

She find herself checking her out.

She is on the chubby side but in the right proportion. Her knockers is a little bigger for her taste.

She is pretty. She has a button nose and a pair of plump lips. Those lips are inviting her to get a taste.

She blink her eyes when their eyes met. She smiled at her so that she will not notice that she is indeed checking her out.

She faked a cough to get her attention.

"I know this is a little overdue but let me introduced myself."

The opposite woman bit her lower lip. That did not go unnoticed from her eyes, either.

"I'm Kayla King. I am from here but I was gone for a while."

They shook hands. Her hand was cold.

Cold hand, warm heart, they said.

"I'm Heidi Capinpin. I teach in St. Andrews."

"I know."

Their hands separated when the waiter delivered her coffee. "Anything else, Ma'am?"

She smiled at him before shaking her head. She faced Heidi again. So, her name is Heidi.

"It was nice to finally meeting you, Diego's mom."

She earned a smile from her. "The pleasure is all mine, Miss King."

"Please call me Kayla. Only my employees call me Miss King." She sipped her coffee. "Why are you here by yourself?"

"I'm meeting someone."

"Oh? I should probably go."

She was about to stand when she felt her top being pulled. She found Heidi's hand on it.

"Please stay. It was probably a good thing if you're here."

Frowning, she sat again. She crossed her arms above her breast and stared at her.

The young woman in front of her looked away. Her eyes followed the hand that used to be in the hem of shirt. It went on top of Heidi's jean clad thigh.

"Victor wanted to talk to me. I asked him to meet me here. It would be safer if we meet in a public place."

Smart girl.

"He's Diego's father?" She nodded. "When did you talked to him?"

"Yesterday. He went to the school."

"Again?" She nodded once more. She took a deep sigh. She leaned in her chair. "Why am I here again?"

Before Heidi could respond, a certain guy sat opposite them.

Both of them looked at him.

The guy is still young. Maybe an inch or two taller in her five foot-eight. He maybe Heidi's age or a year older. He has well-trimmed beard that made him looked mature.

"You have company."

This must be Diego's father. Diego got his built and his thick eyebrows. The little boy's complexion and other facial features are from the woman beside her.

"My name is Victor. I am her child's father."

He put his hand out. He smirked at her with confidence. Too much confidence.

"I'm Kayla. I am the mother's fiancée."

She reached for his hand. The smirk from his face melted. The grip on her hand tightened as his face hardened. She also heard Heidi's breath hitched.

"You're a dyke?"

"Do you have a problem with that?"

She pulled her hand from his grasp. She grab Heidi's instead. It was cold and clammy. She squeezed it. She almost smile when she squeezed back.

"You wanted our son to grow up with a dyke?" He asked as he turned to the woman beside her. "I will not allow it!"

"If you wanted to fight for your claims, you can talk to my lawyer."

She stood up and helped Heidi. The younger woman is still in trance.

"Heidi, babe, talk to me."

Her brow raised when his voice suddenly became gentle. He also seized Heidi's hand. The younger woman's face paled. Their eyes met.

"Keep your hand to yourself."

"Shut up!" He yelled yet again. Bipolar, are we?

"Remove your hand from my fiancée."

"Why don't you leave, dyke. This is about our family. You're not part of it, anyway."

Her hand seems to have a mind of its own. Her fist connected with his jaw. The next thing she heard is the sound of crashing silverware.

She was about to kick him when she saw him on the ground together with bits and pieces of broken plates but a pair of arms held her waist.

"Please, Kayla, he's not worth it."

She took a deep breath and look at her. She saw fear in her eyes. It was also glassy from tears.

"Please take your trouble outside." Said a frantic woman. "I'm calling the police."

"Please do. Put than man in jail." She said, already calm.

She get a few bills from her wallet and put it in the table. She also give her card to the woman.

"Call my secretary. I'll pay for the damages."

She did not wait for the response. She pulled Heidi out of the restaurant. She did not even bother to glance at the asshole who claimed himself to be the father of little Diego.