2 - A HINT

THE conversation stopped when Heidi enter the teachers' lounge but when they saw that it was her, their chatter continued.

She sat beside her co-teacher, Anna. She get the cookies from her bag and put it in the table. Her colleagues get apiece. Expecting it already, she brought many.

"Did you see Mrs. Gutierrez?" Joel asked her. He teaches philosophy.

She shook her head as a reply since her mouth is full.

"She was red when Miss King left." Sarah added. She teaches history.

They were talking about yesterday, she thought.

"Mrs. Gutierrez never left until the graduation ceremony is done."

"Did you know Miss King personally?" She asked out of curiosity.

Yesterday's turn of events was unexpected. The speech of the guest of honor created an uproar. Though Mrs. Gutierrez is a little indifferent most of the time, they thought that she was like that because she is strict and old.

"She was three years my senior." Joel answered since he was the oldest among the four of them at 27.

Anna is 25 years old while Sarah and her is both 23.

"Is she really a rebel?" Sarah questioned.

"Not really. She almost always with her group of friends but she's not friendly either. Her group of friends were tight. She never bother anyone and no one bother her. Wherever she was, her friend were there."

"Not bad."

"Yeah but before she left school, she never mingle with anyone even with her group of friends. Most of the time she was with her mestiza friend."

"The one she was with yesterday." Anna butted.

"The fall-out started before graduation. Maybe that was also the time when Mrs. Gutierrez started visiting her friends' house." Sarah concluded.

Joel shrugged. "Miss King was known then as Kayla Garcia."

All three of them looked at him. "She's married?"

Joel frown at them. "I don't know. Google her."

They all hovered at Sarah since her laptop is already on the table. They heard her finger tips as she taps the keyboard.

"Stated here that she has a forwarding business with Ginger Peterson. They started the business seven years ago."

"What else?"

"There is nothing personal."

They all sighed and go back to their seats. They munch on their cookies instead.

Later on, Heidi was alone when her colleagues left to tend their students.

Yesterday as Miss King stood, she was intimidating. She is the woman who has the world at her feet. She is an epitome of a successful woman. However, she noticed that her round eyes held sorrow.

What could be the dilemma of a woman who almost have it all?

Miss King is beautiful. With her looks, she has mixed heritage of black and white parents. She has tall, slim physique and her dark brown hair is very stunning.

She was jealous of her. Miss King is a rich and attractive woman. She wanted to be like her. May be she should follow her advice to the students. She must find an inspiration.

She has that. She need to persevere and work harder.