6 - SUE ME

"MA'AM, Miss King is not accepting visitors at the moment."

Kayla looked up when she heard her secretary. She smirked before putting the pen down. She leaned at her swivel chair and watched them.

She faked a cough when she noticed grim looks from her unwanted visitor and staff.

"Leave us, Faye. Thank you."

Her secretary nodded and close the door when she left.

She and her visitor stared at each other. She looked at her calmly while the other is clearly annoyed.

Her presence is indeed uninvited but not unexpected. She knew that one of these days, she would visit her in the office.

"What can I do for you?"

Still with sour expression, her visitor walked towards her table.

"I received a letter from the district office concerning with the speech you made."

"Oh? And you are here because?"

"You created the problem!"

She wanted to grin when she noticed that the veins in her neck were almost visible.

"I did?" She asked, feigning innocence.

"Yes. I never had an issue like this in my 25 years of teaching."

Almost gritting her jaw, she calmly speak. "Because no one dared to talk."

She stood to composed herself. She leaned towards her.

"What are you afraid of, Mrs. Gutierrez?" She asked in low voice since her face is almost a foot away from hers.

The old teacher blinked. "I'm just doing my job."

"Really?" She leaned back. "Then why are you here in my office?"

"You have some explaining to do with that speech. I deserve an apology. The school is talking behind my back."

She laughed. A very hearty laugh that she did not have for a long time. Mrs. Gutierrez became redder than she already is.

"I don't owe you anything. You deserve wherever you are at the moment."

"W-what?"

She smirked when she noticed the shock in her face. She was indeed taken-aback with her statement.

She should be.

She walked towards the glass window of her office. She glanced at the tall buildings in the metro.

"Do you remember what you did back then?" She uttered. She glanced at her and notice the frown in her upset appearance. "You went behind my back, Mrs. Gutierrez. You chose to visit my friends house instead of approaching me. You should have talk to me instead."

"It was my job to visit my students to know their situations at home."

"Indeed but you abused your power, Ma'am."

"Just like what you did! What you have done in the ceremony is character assassination. I could file a case against you."

"Then sue me. Let's see who's gonna win, Ma'am."

"W-what?"

If only she could take a picture with the emotions she sees in her former teacher's face, emoticons will have a field day.

"I could dig better than this, Mrs. Gutierrez. I could kick you out from your post faster than you can reply from the letter that the district sent you." She expressed with confidence.

She faced her. She could make out the slight tremor of her visitor's hands.

"You still have a few years in your post, Ma'am. I will wait also for you subpoena."

She sat again and stared at her adversary. The old woman looked at her with disdain.

"K, why is Faye stopping me from entering your of-----."

They both looked at her friend when she entered the office.

Bernadette smiled sweetly. "Oh, you have a very welcome visitor."

The new comer went to couch where she received her guest. Bernadette watched them with anticipation as if they were a movie.

"Why are you here, B?" She asked instead.

"I need a loan. I need five million by tomorrow." Bernadette winked at her when their eyes met. "My life went down the hill since we became friends, you know. My eldest need to enroll in St. Andrews. My second and third needs to register for the sports camp this summer. My dumb ass of a husband is useless since he was captured during the buy-bust operation. Now I'm pregnant with this baby." Her friend ranted as she sprawled on the couch.

"I'm at your mercy, K. You were never a good influence when we were younger. You let me meet those assholes and never warn me that those things they made me do were no good. I should have listened to that teacher who---------"

"She left already, B."

"Oh?" She looked around and find that the old teacher is already gone. "Damn, I'm on a roll." She sat properly. "What she doing here?"

"She wanted to sue me."

"Hell, yeah." She chuckled at her friend's reaction. "You think she can do it?"

"I highly doubt it. She was hiding something and I intend to find out."

"Count me in, K. I'm at your disposal."

She frown at her friend. She seemed high on happy pill.

"What are you doing here, anyway?"

"I'm bored, my friend. I need some entertainment. I thought you and that old hag will have an amazing showdown."

"You're crazy, B."

"Let's go out. Have a couple of drinks. You never had fun since you were here. We'll except when we went to St. Andrews."

She sigh. "You should be careful. You should think about that baby on the way."

"Fuck."

They both burst out laughing.

--------------,-----------------
5 reads & 2 votes, I will update again today. 😄

Lovelots,
JM