It's a Damn Cold Night.. Part TWO

Cat drove as fast as she could, trying her best not to get pulled over as she swerved down the highway after Gabbie. She could see Gabbie's silver Kia in the distance, taking the Lismore turnoff like it was possessed by a mad-woman. Which, at this point, it was.

Next to her, Cat's emergency-back-up-phone, that she had dug blindly out of the bottom of the glove box, began vibrating. Looking down, she saw an unknown number flashing across the screen. She watched the screen for a moment before recognising Harry's number. Angrily she hit the button to end the call. She had only ever given Zayn that number, encase something happened and one of them needed it. She was far far to angry to answer Harry's call. He was, after all, the reason she was chasing a wildly-driving Gabbie down a highway. If they all lived through this, she'd kill him.

It didn't take long for Gabbie to get to Lismore and Cat was frankly amazed that she hasn't been pulled over by the cops. If Cat had blinked, she might just have crashed into the back of Gabbie's car as she slammed on the breaks. Cat came to a screeching stop behind her. For a moment, she sat there, panting from the shock of it all. Through the back window, she watched Gabbie move about in the cabin of her car. 

When car horns started to sound from behind them, Gabbie's attention seemed to shift back into reality. She slipped the car off to the side and stopped again. Cat followed. Within seconds she was around to Gabbie's window, pounding on it like a mad woman. 

Steam was almost coming out of her ears.

"....so instead, I think Sydney."

"What do you mean Sydney?" Cat huffed, leaning inside the door to prevent Gabbie shutting her out again. Gabbie glanced up as she mindlessly started fixing her hair into a pony tail on the top of her head. 

"If I go to lismore, I'm going to miss his flight to Sydney and then we'll be three hours behind him, which means a 12 hour drive, instead of nine. I think we should just turn off the back road and head to Sydney. I mean, thats where he's going right?"

She pretty much had totally lost all her anger towards Cat and was talking to her as if nothing had ever happened. As if she hadn't just tried to take Harry back Gabbie's things without telling her. Cat sighed and leaned further into the car and snatched the keys out of the ignition.

Gabbie yelped and grabbed Cat's wrist, eager to get them back. "Hey!"

Cat tutted and leant back out of the car. "Fine, if we are going to Sydney, I'm driving. In my car." She pulled Gabbie's door open. "Get out."

Gabbie glared at Cat and slid out the door. "What are we supposed to do with my car?"

Cat bit her lip. "Call my brother. He'll come and get it." She glanced down at Gabbie's clothes and shook her head. "And I have clothes in the back of the car. Go get something and get changed."

Gabbie nodded, acting more child-like than usual. Cat recognised it as the start of the cracks in Gabbie's resolve. She had, for the most part, started to excpet that fact that Harry was gone. Now that he was within reach, her body and her mind were practically at war with eachother. One wanting to go get him and be with him forever, the other claiming that she didn't need him. That he chose to leave and that she should let him. As a result, when they caught up with Harry- if they did- Gabbie would either blow up and scream at him until he left or scream at him to come back. Either way, shit was going to go down.

Gabbie returned a few minutes later, she had maternity jeans on, which actually made her look nice, and a nice flowery top. She touched the material softly. "Harry bought me these."

Cat nodded, knowing what quesiton was going to come next. "Yeah. he did."

"Why did you have them in the-,"