It's a damn cold night... Part ONE

Cat pressed the phone to her ear and slipped into Gabbie's bedroom. She looked back down the stairs and silently wished Gabbie had installed a door to her room. 

"I don't think it's in here." She hissed, looking around as she moved away from the entrance. "Are you sure you didn't take it with you?"

"I didn't bloody take it!" Harry snapped on the other end. Cat froze, but kept moving, biting her tongue to stop from snapping back at him. Harry just sighed. "Sorry."

Cat rolled her eyes. "Well, I imagine being a huge star has contributed to your stress levels."

Harry chuckled. "You have no idea. Hey, check in her closet, in the back on the left. I kept some stuff in there."

Cat eyed the closet and crept forward. "What? Like glow in the dark condoms?"

"How did you-," Harry began, but was interrupted by Cat's round of laughter. "Yeah, yeah, just get on with in, okay? This is important."

"Yes, whatever, Mr. Glow-in-the-dark. I'm getting there." Cat huffed, yanking Gabbie's closet open. She jumped back as piles of clothing came crashing to her feet.

Gabbie had been spoiled rotten by Harry. Clothes, Jewellery, books, DVD's.... everything. Cat was slightly jealous, not because Zayn didn't get her anything, but because Harry actually wanted to spoil the crap out of Gabbie. 

After their fight, Cat and Zayn had barely looked at each other, let alone talked. And when they did, it was the mandatory 'Good Morning' or 'Good Night'. The others hadn't really noticed so much, because Zayn insisted on acting like they were still totally in love when they were all around. Nobody but Cat knew he spent every night on the couch tucked up under the doona from their bed.

And that every morning he'd pull himself up early and make his way into their room just so he could appear out of it as Gabbie got up. He still laughed at dirty jokes, he still hugged Cat too him when they were watching, he still kissed her forehead when they sat to watch a movie. He even pulled her onto his lap and smiled at her. But it didn't reach his eyes.

"There's nothing in here, Harry." Cat coughed, forcing Gabbie's clothes back into her closet with her foot. “Are you sure this is where you put it?”

Harry groaned under his breath. “I have no idea. That’s why you need to find it!”

“Why me? You need to find it. It’s your Ring!”

Harry sighed. “Yeah, and how would you like me to do that? Just rock up tonight before our flight leaves while you try and distract Gabbie for me?!”

Cat smirked, so wishing that Harry could see her face. “You know, whoever said you were stupid, didn’t know you very well…”

Harry cursed under his breath and Cat could almost see him shaking his head. “Jesus.”

“Well, you better come over soon, because Gabbie is only able to be held off for so long.”

“Where’s everyone else?” Harry asked, the sound of his footsteps echoing through the phone. “Aren’t they there too?”

Cat fell backwards onto Gabbie’s bed and sighed, closing her eyes. “No. They’ve packed up already. Said they’d be spending the night in Sydney before the flight.” She sat up a little, resting her weight on her hands. “Wait, where are you?”

Harry sighed again. “I’m staying at a Hotel in Lismore actually. I’m flying out to Sydney about in about an hour, so I can be there with enough time to catch the flight back home.”

Cat froze. She hadn’t realised that Harry never thought of Australia as Home; that he never considered his life here with Gabbie ‘home’. But now that he’d said it, it made Cat realise that none of the boys did. That this had just been some whirl-wind adventure, and it would stay that way. They would go back home; record the next album, become even bigger stars and more on with their lives.