Chapter Five

Chapter Five

"I'm exhausted." I mumbled as I carried my bags into the house, including Veronica's, and threw them on the floor.

"We all are." Dad said as he walked around my suitcases and down the hall to throw his into the master bedroom. "Go get set up in your room." I went into one of the twin bedrooms and started to unpack while my iPod played the amazing sounds of Snow Patrol throughout the entire cabin.

"I brought her in for you." Liam suddenly appeared in the doorway and set Veronica down on the floor. I turned my music down. "She didn't want to walk in the snow."

"She loves the snow, she just wanted to see how far she could push you." I retorted. Liam chuckled.

"Well I'm in the room right next door if you need me... but I think i'm going to try and sleep." We yawned simultaneously.

"We are too... goodnight,Liam."

"Goodnight mr. Liam." Veronica whimpered as I started getting her ready for bed.

"Goodnight girls." He said and shut the door behind him.

"Did you bring my night light?" Veronica yawned as she crawled into one of the twin beds.

"Of course." I plugged the cowboy boots night light into one of the outlets closer to Roni and turned the lights off.

"Thank you, mummy."

"You're welcome, baby." I climbed into the other bed and the first thing I noticed was the sound of someone breathing on the other side of the wall. I pressed my hand against the wall and I felt comforted. Liam's heavy breaths calmed my nerves just a little. I didn't want them to, but they did. Just knowing that he was here with me again made me feel safe, so I could finally close my eyes and fall asleep.

"Mummy! I want food!" Veronica said as she jumped up and down on my squeaky mattress.

"Can mummy please have five more minutes of sleep?" I groaned, covering my head with a pillow.

"I can't tell time."

"Fair enough."I sighed and swung my legs out of the bed, not enjoying the feeling of the cold wood.

"Yay!" She clapped and followed me into the kitchen. No one was awake yet so I figured I'd just make breakfast for everyone.

"What do you want, Roni?" I asked, looking through the almost completely bare cabinets. Note to self: send mum grocery shopping.

"Pancakes!" She exclaimed. How could anyone, even a two year old, be so energized at seven AM? Lucky for me though there were some ingredients for pancakes lying around and a griddle I could use.

"Go get my iPod." I instructed and she scampered off excitedly, knowing that we were going to rock out while we cooked.

"Play Sadie Hawkins Dance." She said eagerly as she handed me the iPod. I plugged the iHome into the wall and turned to the song she wanted by Relient K.

'All the girls in the bathroom talking

who they gonna take to the Sadie Hawkins

My ears are burning but I kept on walking

smile on my face and an air guitar rocking...'

I sang as we both danced around the medium sized kitchen. I poured the stuff into the bowl and used the wooden spoon as a microphone.