Chapter twenty

Skip this authors note, but stay if you want to hear my sappy apology.
Hey, it's me. I'm honestly really sorry for not updating but I'm a freshman in high school and transferring from middle school (with like no work) then to high school (much work, I cried) is like a punch to the face. Your girl in orchestra, on the track team, and in writing club so THANK GOD because this story is going to get 100% better. BUT THANK YOU FOR READING THIS! I have my shit together so oOoO get ready for some spooky chapters.
Last chapter was a mess but I have no regrets. I hope I made you uncomfortable.

12.1.18// school

"Why am I always running into you?" Teresa glared. I smirked as I kept my eyes locked on my refection, god I look deranged right now. It's not like I actually spend as much time on my appearance as Teresa, I'm not that insecure and I don't need validation just to get through my day.

"You can't stay away from me?" I teased followed by a subtle laugh. She shifted in her place and pressed her lips together, obviously trying to think of a snarky comeback to throw at me. As if she could manage one at all.

"As if. But...what did you like mean when you like said the dead boy used my body as like a vessel?" She inquired. Saying 'like' every two seconds, nice job Teresa, totally not predictable at all! Holy shit when did I become such a bitch?
I got closer to her and smirked at her.

"Listen, you don't need to know anything other than I hate you with a burning passion and I don't think of you anymore than a vessel," I whispered to her, laughing to myself as I walked away.
I stopped in my tracks and turned back around on my heel.

"You know what? Maybe you're better off dead, I mean, we don't even need you alive to be a vessel," I say to her, "offended are you? How about all of those damn times you told me to die, to go fuck my self, or my fucking favorite; tell me that I'm a fat ass bitch who will always be below you!"
Teresa looked sorry. She looked sorry but it's not sincere. I'm not like Jonathan and I don't need to act like him. What's between us is complicated and sinister—I don't even fucking understand it. I don't need to. I just know that we don't love each other. I'm a fucked up bitch and he's a dead boy.

"Y/N...," Teresa starts, "that was beyond fucked up, I know a sorry can't fix any of that but keep in mind that I didn't mean any of it."

"It's whatever, I guess, I didn't mean what I said about you being dead. You're...a decent person and I rather you be alive than dead to be honest," I admit.
Teresa, without warning, hugged me tightly. My own bully turning into an potential friend? I've seen shit, been a actual doll, and half-died but this is just weird.

"Oh, Finn has like been asking about you," Teresa says.
I pursed my lips and tried to not show any emotion. Finn is someone that I can't think about. I've accepted that he did rape me but my feelings are the same. He fucked up big time but from what I saw in my memories back in the realm in between worlds...I've forgiven him.

"Oh, what'd he say?" I say to her, anticipating about what she was going to say.
What she said next would screw me over for years to come.

"He like told me to tell you that he like 'remembers the realm'. What the fuck is that, some like illegal sex chamber or like some shit? I want in if it is, just like letting you know," Teresa smirks to me. I forced a smile and shrugged.
Finn. Didn't. Go. To. The. Realm. Of. Death. Holy fucking shit, Finn is the Finn from before meaning he's the one who—oh my god!

"Where is he?" I demanded. Teresa looked taken back, but simply twirled her hair.

"Umm...I don't know lol? He's probably in his dorm room, or maybe his colleges library," Teresa says. The library? Fucking shit. The library is the first time where I "met" Jonathan through Finn.

"Thanks Teresa...lets hang out sometime, okay?" I say quickly before I left school quickly, my heart beating in my chest.
As I walked out the door a girl bumped into me, with me falling on top of her.

"Shit—sorry," I mumbled as I helped her up, butterflies in my stomach. She was beyond beautiful and weirdly familiar. Her black hair, porcelain-like skin, and large brown eyes irked me...where have I seen her.
She stared at me wide-eyes before pulling me into a tight hug.

"Y/N! I thought I'd never see you again when we jumped into the portal a-and I...Ive missed you!" She cried, squeezing me. Emra?!

"Emra," I sighed, feeling like I'm about to faint, "god I've missed you! Is...Zachary...here?"
Emra squeezed me even tighter.

"Yes, Zachary's here! He's...he's here, I was going to find you in school so I could have some help finding Zachary in the nearby college," explained Emra quickly, obviously still shocked from seeing me.

"The college...I was going to see Finn," I admitted, "plus I've been seeing Jonathan."
Emra let go of me and avoided eye contact with me.

"You and Jonathan? Y/N, listen to me closely. I've been with Jonathan before, back when we were in high school, and—back then he was sweet. Back then Jonathan was human but he's dead, Y/N, you can't change a dead boys heart," Emra says to me in a warning manner.

The words left my mouth involuntarily, "No. Jonathan's dead but I can change him. After everything that has happened...I'm developing feelings towards him. Just because you still love him doesn't mean you can split us apart, Emra!"
Emra looked at me like I was plain stupid.

"Do you know what he did?! What he did to us in the realm, you psycho! I've been there way longer than you have and the way he fucked with my mentality...Jonathan is the embodiment of Satan himself!"
My hand seemed to have its own mind as it slapped Emra across the face, leaving a stinging sensation on my palm. My eyes carried empathy but I quickly ran off towards the college.