Chapter Twelve

A LITTLE BIT OF A WARNING NOW. THIS BOOK IS A LOT SHORTER THAN THE OTHER TWO BUT THAT IS BECAUSE I DECIDED ON A BOOK FOUR. DON'T HATE ME TOO MUCH FOR THIS, Y'ALL. HOPE YOU ENJOY.

They all arrived at the Grassi Studios, all of them going straight to the ballroom that was being set up for a reception, through a door was a room where and ordained officiator was waiting for them with the rest of their papers and the rings so flashy they may as well be screaming it from the rooftops. Mariela and Ally went off to talk to the DJ, leaving the couple in their thoughts as everything became real. They hesitantly look at each other, as if worried each other would change their mind, walking into the room fiancés and walking out Mr. and Mx. Grassi-Hoying. They shared one tender kiss before going to join the other couple.

“Welcome to gay marriage my brothers!” Ally exclaimed. “Now we only invited a select few. Most of them are colleagues, but we have our important few. There are Kirstie, Barrett, Thomas, Akira, Connie, and a surprise guest. I also invited my mom and Rick, but my mom is out of town and Rick is at work. The rest are coworkers and a few of the football players and cheerleaders. My brother may be stopping by but I’m not sure. We will have supper, then drinks, and then yall will have your first dance.”

“That sounds good to me,” Mitch smiled as he looked over at his husband.

“Now the band, DJ, and the other workers will be doing a role-play to make it more real, so you may just be dancing to music sung by Sora, ya never know who is gonna be who.”

“Sounds great,” Mitch laughed, looking at his sister. “I need to run to the restroom real quick. Only worry if it takes more than fifteen minutes.”

“Don’t take too long,” Scott smiled, Mitch kissing him before walking away. “Why was I so damn lucky to find a great man like this after what I had went through before?”

“And what are the odds that he was Mariela’s twin?” Ally added. “We all literally have the same last name now. That is definitely interesting. Hey Scott, would you please help me with something while Mariela gets the music turned on?”

“Ummmm yeah sure,” Scott agreed, nervously following Ally to a corner as music began to play. “What did you need my help with?”

“I want you to present the special guest I invited for Mitch,” she explained. “I want it to play as if you were the one who had done it. Mariela doesn’t even know about it. I kept it from her too.”

“Macy?” Scott guessed, Ally nodding with a huge smile. “I will get to actually sit her down and learn more about her.”

“I have a piece of paper with a letter from Macy,” she continued. “It gives an exact reason that she is unable to make it, but then she’ll walk on once you are halfway through.”

“That is actually genius,” he laughed as he looked over to see his mother walk in. He took the ring off, hid it in his pocket, and walked over to his mother.

“Look at my handsome young man!” she gasped, fixing his collar. “I am pretty sure I know what all of this is about, but I will wait for the official announcement to congratulate you two. Rick said he would try and stop by before he goes home to rest. You look just as happy as you did with Alex. I am so happy that you found someone to love you the same.”

“Thanks for being a great mother,” he smiled, her walking off as people from the studio started arriving, no familiar faces until Kirstie, Barrett, Thomas, and Akira all showed up at once.