Chapter Eleven

HEY GUYS. I AM JUST LETTING YOU KNOW THAT FROM NOW ON, I WILL BE PUTTING WHAT THEY'RE WEARING, IF I MAKE OUTFITS, AT THE BOTTOM AFTER THE STORY. I HOPE YOU ENJOY.

Scott was scared. He didn’t know what to expect when he got to the football field. He blamed himself as he weaved through the streets of Texas, scared that he had taken it too far that time. Tears formed in his eyes and he couldn’t help but let them fall as he pulled into the faculty parking lot. He sat in his car to take a breather, wiping away signs of crying, before hesitantly getting out of the car. He walked to the player entrance and went to the coach’s office where he thought they would be. He sighed and walked to the field where Mariela and Ally was standing, as well as Mitch on his knees as if to beg for whatever was on his mind.

“What is this?” Scott asked, walking up to the three. “You sounded like something bad happened. But hell, thank God you’re okay, Mitch! I am so happy that you’re okay! Oh I am so happy you are okay.”

“Please let me speak and finish what I am going to say,” Mitch sighed, Scott nodding and giving the Italian his full attention. “Okay. I will be starting at right before I met you. I was a mess. I was sleeping with almost any human with a penis. I was a downright bitch. I was hard to handle, which you already know, but then I was assigned to you.

“You were the most beautiful human being I had ever seen. You seemed so smart and selfless, and I could see that you had been through so much. You were to yourself, and you obviously didn’t want anyone on the team to know that you were gay. I made it my goal to not only make you look great, but feel great about yourself as well. I know I went the wrong way of doing it, but it oddly worked.

“That party that we snuck out of, that was great. I was so anxious around people I didn’t know doing things I didn’t want to be around in that moment. That started a messy relationship, but I loved the mess. I loved what you came with and I loved that you accepted me the same. We were so different, but that’s what made it work. We always had something new to talk about. There was never a boring moment with you.

“I have messed up so much since we first got together, and people would normally run and hide after everything I have done, but you have stayed. You have been the only true constant in my life. You’re my love, my lover, and my true best friend. You are the reason I keep going. You’re the reason I haven’t done anything stupid.

“I fell in love with your blue eyes, childlike nerdiness, and that confidence and optimism you had even when you felt like you were at your lowest. You showed me I could be anyone I wanted to be and do what I have always dreamed of doing. You showed me I could have the life I want and not what others want of me. You’ve taught me to channel what causes my anxiety and Fight it until its gone. You make me a better person by just being in my life and I would be nothing without you. Thank you for being in my life because I wouldn’t have one without you.”

“That was beautiful, Mitchie,” Scott sniffled as more tears escaped.

“Oh I am not done, Honey,” Mitch laughed, tears forming in his eyes as he pulled out the box. “This is not the real thing, it’s just a 25 cent ring while yours is being customized. I’ve lost you quite a few times and I don’t want to do it again. I want to show how better you have made me. I want to prove I can be loyal and faithful. This is my way of doing it. I wanted to do this in the place we first met with the two people that matter most to us. So here it goes. Will you please forgive my bullshit and marry me?”

“I… Well of course!” Scott exclaimed, Mitch standing up and pulling him into a sweet kiss. “I have one condition. Our reception must be Kingdom Hearts. I’ve been on a serious binge of the series lately.”

“I am more than okay with that,” Mitch giggled, putting the plastic ring on Scott’s pinky, as it was too small to fit anywhere else.

“Well we should have a good ole get together,” Mariela bounced with pride. “We need to celebrate this momentous occasion.”

“We have another half hour before the ring can be picked up,” Mitch shook his head. “After that then we can celebrate.”

“Sounds like a plan to me,” Mariela laughed, the four of them sitting on the field until it was time to go.

@******@

Scott looked around his room frantically for his blue blazer that he decided to wear for the party. Part of him regretted saying yes, because he didn’t want it to end like Alex did, but the mostly pessimistic voice in his head was ironically the one telling him that it was going to be ok. As he continued to reassure himself, he finally found his blazer, putting it on and buttoning it up.

“Are you ready, Honey?” Scott heard the Italian ask as he checked himself in the mirror one more time. “We are supposed to be there in an hour. You’d think I would be the one taking forever to get dressed.”

“Yeah here I come,” Scott called out, walking out his door to see his fiancé in all his drag glory.

Mitch went for an innocent bride look, and it looked great on him; but then again what didn’t? His normally dark makeup was swapped out for whites and silvers. His sexy red lipstick was instead a lavish metallic pink that made them subtly stand out. His dress was short but modest, the chest perked up with a bra and fake breasts. His boots were silver and matched well with the dress, as well as the Pearl and diamond jewelry that he chose to match. He topped it off with a blonde wig put in a perfectly messy ponytail and a cute white beret.

“You look incredible,” Scott beamed with the most adorable smile. “I am so happy that you’re going to be my husband.”

“I can say the same thing about you, Daddy,” Mitch biting his lip, Ally walking up before anything heated could happen.

“You lovebirds need to come with me,” she teased, receiving the finger from both of them. “We have a surprise ‘wedding’ to attend to.”

“Well let’s go then,” Scott laughed, the three of them going out to the Italian’s car.

MITCHS WEDDING OUTFIT

SCOTT, ALLY, AND MARIELAS OUTFITS