Chapter 17

"People were created to be loved things were created
to be used. The reason the world is in chaos is because
things are being loved and people are being used."
~ Destiny Rescue

It was the day before the meeting of all the traffickers. Chantal was having a panic attack but fortunately Robert was by her side giving her breathing instructions and how to calm down.

"Lizzy you panicking too won't help," Kabe whispered in her ear.

"Okay, I'm going to step out for some fresh air."

After ten minutes Chantal was feeling calmer and Kabe sat beside her rubbing soothing circles on her back, to which she stiffened.

"Do you know where the diner is that the traffickers meet up?" Kabe asked her.

"They called you?" she asked surprised etched across her face.

"Yeah, is that bad?" he questioned.

"No it's not. The diner is code name for the place where you got me from," Chantal replied a faraway look in her eyes.

"So what do they mean by 'if you show up late you pay the bill'," he asked removing his hand from her back.

"It means, they'll kill you," Chantal replied slowly.

Kabe leaned forward propping his elbows on his thighs and using his hand to support his head. He looked over to Robert and made eye contact.

"You aren't serious?" Robert questioned looking at Chantal.

"Do I look like I joke?" she questioned her eyes becoming cold, "I've never joked in years so don't question me."

A silence settled over the room as what Chantal said soaked in.

"I'm sorry," Robert apologised.

"Yeah! We are all sorry," Chantal said bitterness dripping from each word.

She then got up and went outside where Lizzy was.

"You're okay now?" Lizzy questioned looking at Chantal's tense shoulders.

"Yeah," she replied and then sat down in the grass, pulling up her legs to her chest, facing Kabe's garden.

"Can you shoot my story today in case I don't come back out?" Chantal asked staring at the flowers her mind slowly wandering.

Lizzy made a few moments pass as she sat beside Chantal and assessed her.

"As long as you're fine with it then sure."

"I'm sure."

"You can change your mind anytime you want to."

"I want to do this," Chantal said determination in her voice.