Chapter 1

"The eyes are the windows to the soul."
~ Unknown

"Okay, smile now," Kabe instructed the customer sitting in front of him. After capturing the picture he removed the camera from his eyes and looked at the screen.

"Ah, come on! You still leaned your shoulders in this picture." He walked up to the lady seated on the chair and fixed her shoulder for what felt like the hundredth time.

"Okay, don't move now," he said as he stepped back again, staring at the lady with a pointed expression, "Now smile a smile that would make Humpty Dumpty fall off the wall," the desired effect of his last comment was achieved and he quickly snapped her poise, "that's it now," he said looking at the picture smiling.

He walked over to her and showed her the end product to which she nodded with satisfaction.

"You can come back for this in about the next two weeks," he told her.

"Thanks for putting up with my lean posture," she said as she took her bag off the ground.

"It's no big deal, part of the job besides, I've dealt with worse," he said with a reassuring smile to which the lady returned.

Kabe was a very cheerful young man in his twenties and would agree to take almost any picture anywhere as long as it was in standing with his morals.

"You done for the day now?" Kabe's assistant, Ryan, asked him.

"Yeah, I'm done now unless you want me to take a picture of you," he said teasingly.

"Of course not, that's why I bought a selfie stick knucklehead," Ryan replied jokingly.

"Where are you heading off to so fast anyways," Kabe asked as he cleaned his camera's lens.

"To hang out with some friends. What else?" he responded while putting away the chair the lady had been sitting on earlier.

"I thought we were hanging out already bro."

"Please, don't talk as if I don't have other friends."

"Ooo! Did I say something that hit a touchy spot for you?"

They went on and on teasing each other back and forth. It was a daily ritual for them as they cleaned up the studio.

Kabe and Ryan were best friends since grade school and sharing the same interest in photography they opened a studio together calling It K&R Photo Studio and Equipment. Kabe did most of the picture taking while Ryan would sell camera equipment and also take pictures when Kabe was not around or on lunch break.

Suddenly the bell at the studio's door jingled causing Ryan and Kabe's little teasing to stop.

"Didn't you close the front door?" Kabe asked.

"Yeah I did probably it's just a little breeze."

"A little breeze? There aren't any windows in here bozo."

"Oh."

Hey before you go...
Don't forget to
Vote 🌟
Comment 📝
Share