Chapter 6

"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak."
~ Unknown

~ Friday in the Same Week ~

"Hey slow down there cheetah!" Lizzy shouted to Kabe as he burst through the front door.

"I'm late for the photoshoot!" he shouted back to her as he rounded the corner.

A second later he wheeled back and headed to over to Lizzy, "Young lady 'bout early twenties supposed to pick pictures she took weeks ago. Can't remember name but suppose to on package. If she comes give her," Kabe quickly instructed Lizzy in some choppy sentences.

"Kay," Lizzy replied while shaking her head.

Two minutes later Kabe rushed out again with a large heavy bag in his hand.

"Bye, Liz!" Kabe shouted as he burst through the door yet again.

"OWW!" someone cried out as they collided into Kabe.

"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry!" Kabe apologized as he helped the lady up.

"Oh, sir," the lady called to Kabe after he helped her up, "I took a picture here..."

"I'm sorry but I'm running late," Kabe interrupted her, "Someone inside will assist," he finished then ran off towards his car.

"Oh, okay," she replied in a small voice though Kabe was already gone.

She walked into the studio and upon seeing Lizzy she headed over to her.

"Ah, excuse me miss," Lizzy looked up from the computer towards her, "I came and took a picture a few weeks ago, I can't remember when but I didn't get the chance to pick it up."

"Oh Kabe told me you'd possibly come by not too long ago. What is your name?" Lizzy asked looking at her.

"It's Chantal Reid," she replied.

Lizzy got up and headed over to where Kabe stored the photos he took.

"Chantal, Chantal, Chantal," Lizzy mumbled to herself, "and you said your last name is Reid?" Lizzy clarified.

"Yes," Chantal answered softly.

"I don't see yours here. Hold on a minute let me get someone who actually works here. I just fill in sometimes when Kabe asks. I'll soon be back."

Chantal looked around and saw a customized calendar with Lizzy smiling brightly and in the background was a beautiful forest.

'They even capture trees just for show,' Chantal thought, 'Gosh what am I thinking? Believing these people enslave trees,' then she chuckled at her crazy thought.

"I can't wait until tomorrow comes then you are finally gone! Vanished!" a masculine voice spoke.

Chantal immediately recognised the voice and fear suddenly started creeping into her so she slowly backed up towards the door in case he exploded like the first time he saw her.

"Oh, hi," Ryan greeted Chantal.

She timidly waved her hand.

"I'm not going hurt you or anything you know, you just scared me the last time," Ryan reassured Chantal seeing how close she was to the door.