what is wrong with you?

Val's POV

Its been three months now. Luca has barely spoken three words to me. The last thing he said was 'yeah you too'. I mean I miss talking to him. It's freaking lonely all by myself. He's always busy with the Mafia shit and is using all the available people to talk to. His best friend keeps giving me dirty looks too. I have no idea why. I mean I knew why Emma did but like him?

Christafano said he liked to go by Chris. Which was fine with me because it's easier to remember. I only talk to Chris a bit because he's always getting called by Luca or something. Matteo is always around because I'm basically his babysitter. Don't get me wrong. I love the little guy. But I need some adults to hang out with from time to time. Stella hasn't visited yet. Either has Anna or Stefano.

Luca is usually out and about when he does come home, it's only at night, and he goes straight to bed. Today I didn't hear him leave so I was going to go talk to him. I was determined to.

"Hey Matteo, you're good here for a little bit right?" He nodded at me. I'm glad he can still smile after everything. Turns out he was abused when he lived with his sperm and egg donors. He didn't get food much, which explains why he was so skinny. I felt bad for him. But he was in better hands so it's good.

I got off the bed and walked to the kitchen. Luca was on the couch watching his phone intensely. I got a soda from the fridge and plopped down right next to him. The couch was big. I figured this would annoy him.

He looked up from his phone and then shut it off. He sat it next to him. Then he did something I didn't expect. He put his arm around my shoulder. Then his free hand on my thigh. He just looked at me. Blankly. It was getting creepy.

"What's wrong with you?" He blinked then smiled like he didn't know.

"Whatever do you mean princess?" I made sure I wasn't going to blush. It wouldn't have helped my serious face. "I mean, ever since about a day before we moved, you've been like this. It's really boring, you were mean for a little while, and then you're even more boring than before." And right when I said it. I wish I hadn't. As soon as I did his grip around my thigh tightened, then his arm was off my shoulder. Soon his arm was around my waist. Once his hand was off my leg, it was now cupped around my face. He just stared into my eyes.

It was so very hard to not stare back. I luckily averted my eyes to my lap. "Luca what are yo-" I was interrupted when I felt a very familiar feeling on my lips. I closed my eyes, deepening the kiss. I was longing for him on my lips. My arms quickly found their way around his neck. Luckily before all this happened I set my soda on the end table. I laughed a little as that's what I was thinking about at the moment. He started kissing my neck. And next thing I knew he was sucking and biting. Great just what I needed more hickeys. But I couldn't stop. I've been yearning for his touch ever since that day. Instead of reconnecting his lips, he leaned to my ear. Then whispered, "I won babe."

OH MY GOD. He did not. His arms fell to his sides and he pushed himself off the couch. "Oh, by the way, nothing's wrong. This is who I am. It's who I've always been. I was being a little nice because we got closer. But I realized. You're nothing more than something I have to protect." He then walked out of the room. Leaving me there. Tears blurring my view.

Why was I crying? He was not worth crying over. I made sure no tears dropped and then ran to my bedroom. Matteo was sleeping on my beanbag, so I was able to flop down onto my bead. I tried hard not to cry. But it didn't work as I felt small tears outline my eyes. Right as I started crying I heard a knock on my door. Shit just what I needed. Luca seeing me cry. Then I heard a woman's voice. "Hey babe, it's Stella, can I come in?"

In the fakest happy voice, I could make, I said sure and she walked in. "Close the door please," I said quietly.

"Hey boo how are you?" She said cheerfully. "Shh Matteo is asleep," I say quickly but quietly. She nods and comes over to me. "How are you feeling? I mean you look a little depressed." She says jokingly.