the move

Oh gosh looking back now, this is so fucking cringey. I'm sorry if you choose to read this, know I was thirteen, and had no idea how to write. 

July 24, 2018

Today I finally get to go to Italy. It's always been a dream of mine. Senior year of high school ended two weeks ago, and I've finally saved enough money to go.

"Valentina, babe, you're going to be late," said my two-year long boyfriend Alex. I ran downstairs faster then I have in a long time. I hurried and kissed my Nonna and Nonno on the cheek, and said "Ti amo, visitatemi presto?" "Sì, ti amo" they had replied. I hurried in the passenger seat. I was beyond excited, although Alex didn't look too happy.

"Alex, I know I'm going to be far away, but as soon as your brother graduates high school, you can come and live with me."

"But I don't want to wait that long. I love you, and I'm going to miss you a lot"

"Awe, babe I love you too, a lot, and I'll miss you so much, but guess what, it'll only be a year and we'll be in each other's arms soon." I had said. Finally, we got to the airport, we were slightly late, but not too much.

Intercom

Will all passengers going to Venice, Italy, please board the plane now.

"Alright well, I guess this is goodbye," said Alex. I quickly replied, "not goodbye, just a see you soon, I love you, with all my heart."

We kissed, and it sadly did almost seem like a goodbye kiss, I will miss him. So much, but I need to go to Italy, I have to, I've always wanted to and it's coming true. I must go, and I'm not letting anyone try to tell me otherwise.

*** 

After about an eleven-hour plane ride, we landed. I got off and got my bags. I head straight to the front doors. It was night here because I had left in the morning, in Ohio. It was gonna take some time to get used to the time difference but it'll be alright. Earlier this month I was looking at good apartments. I bought a small apartment, that could fit exactly me and a friend, or a dog. I also applied for a job while looking for apartments. I got a taxi, and I was off to my new apartment to sleep.

***   

I woke up feeling slightly tired. Not much. The rest of my things will be arriving eventually. I was able to pack an air mattress so I had something to sleep on. Today I unpack some essentials and go grocery shopping. I was given extra money from my grandparents so I could buy food and rent for at least a month before I get a job. I got dressed in a black & white striped crop top, with black sweatpants, and some Adidas. Then threw my shades on, and put my mini backpack on and I set out.

As I was walking to the store, I noticed how close the store was to my home, and how far the job I applied for was. I'll definitely have to take a bus or something to get there in time. I finally made it. I only got lost four times. I got the normal stuff; milk, bread, cereal, meat, water, eggs, vegetables and fruits, deodorant, toilet paper, etc. I luckily was able to get a taxi to take me home, I set the bags on the counter, and checked my phone. I had some texts from Strawberry and Alex. 

Strawberry: Hey babe, how's Italy so far? Any cute guys catch your eyes yet?

Me: We've been over this love, I'm in love with Alex. He's number one. And Italy is pretty good so far. I'm very happy.

Strawberry: Good you, definitely deserve happiness. I'm happy for you. I've got to go now, talk to you later love.

Me: Alright babes talk to you later.

Untouched, Unbothered {Completed}On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara