Night Terrors

"Impossible. Shouldn't I stay but my memories fade?" I mutter as I begin to pace at my sonic speed.

"This has never happened before in recorded history. There is no way of possibly knowing the exact outcome. We're just going to have to wait it out." I hear Tony say as I slow myself down.

"I know." I sigh as I run my fingers through my hair. "I know." I say walking away from the two men.

"We'll find a way to get you home kid." I heard Clint whisper as he pulled his quiver and bow back on.

Walking back inside I listen to the silence. Hearing the sound of peoples voices I follow silently. Finding a place similar to a control station. With multiple computer desks and people running around. Watching the people work I don't see Fury approaching me until I hear his voice.

"Vistiana. How can I help you?" I heard Director Fury say from across the room.

"Since it looks like I won't be leaving tonight. I wanted to know if you happened to have a place I could rest for a bit." I say as I run my hands through my hair again and tug at my roots.

"Of course. Agent Hill will show you where you'll be staying." He said gesturing to a women in front of him typing away at a keyboard.

"Wonderful." I tell him giving what I hope to be a smile. But instead most likely ended up being a grimace. Patting my back he looks at me with a hint of sadness in his eye.

"Sleep tight. You have a long day ahead with the team." He says as he turns and walks away. Watching him with confusion until he disappears behind a corner I turn to the woman.

"Right this way." The woman said standing from her seat. After a lengthy and silent walk we finally stand in front of a door. I see her glance at me with curiosity as I continue to pull on my long black, grey, and blue locks. "This will be your room for the time being." Maria said standing beside me. "Here are you keys and I.D. card." She said handing me a long yellow manila envelope and turning to leave.

"Thank you." I mumble removing one of the keys and opening the door. Tugging my beanie off I huff and blow my bangs away running my hands through my hair repeatedly. Collapsing on the bed I have little time to process my feelings before I am thrown into an all to familiar nightmare.

"Cheshire. Your mission today will be your last." My last teacher, Nairobi, says as he hands me a katanna. Still on one knee with a fist to my heart.

"Yes Sensai." I say faithfully head still bowed. Afraid to look into his eyes. I had learned that lesson upon my arrival.

"No mercy." He said making my heart speed. What does he mean 'No mercy'. Hearing his steps retreat I stand. Turning I see a woman tied to a chair. Her child in another seat beside her.

"No." I whisper backing away. "I won't I can't." I continue taking steps away from their wide and terrified eyes. My heart beating triple time. As my mask begins to suffocate me.

"You will! That is if you want your Aunt and Uncle to live little kitten." He orders as his voice stops my tremors and straightened my spine. Letting a tear slide down my cheek I step back towards the two. Raising the sword I steel my feelings.

"Forgive me."