Percy - Chapter 11

Guys, i'm really really sorry for not updating this week. As I suppose you have noticed, the story is... hum... dramatic. But that's what demigod life is right? :) so, in this chapter, Percy FINALLY decides to go to Rome. At last!!!!!

Please enjoy and love Percabeth!!!

Peace out. ;) 

Percy

He ran desperately to the River. Perhaps he would feel better in the water. He wanted to cry. That was not fair! Why on Earth had Annabeth been taken away from him? Couldn't he have some minutes alone with her? Or even some minutes WITH her? Gods. Demigod life sucked.

Running faster than he had run in his whole life— even when he had run away from lots of monsters— Percy got to the River. He was about to take a dip when he saw her. Annabeth. She was standing on the opposite side of the river, staring intently into the water.

The relief he had felt when he saw her turned into indignation. "Hey! Annabeth!" she turned. Percy continued " What the hell was that? I was worried sick!"

She smiled briefly. Then her face turned grim. " It was nothing Seaweed brain. I can take care of myself"

" Did you—?"

" No. I didn't. And it wasn't Octavian either." she answered sharply. Percy didn't understand her behavior. She looked sad. But why?

"Annabeth—"

"No Percy. Please let me speak. I... It won't be me. You may think... but no. And it's not Leo, okay?"

"What are you—?"

"Understand?"

Percy nodded. "Come here" he said.

"No. I can't. There's no time. Please don't hate me. It's all because of you."

That didn't sound good. What was happening? "Wise girl... is everything okay?"

"No. And it will get worse. The Mark of Athena... I know what it means."

Before Annabeth could do anything, Percy called the river. He ran over the water to the other side.

Great. Now he was out of roman terrytory. It was like saying: Hey! Euryale! Stheno! Come and kill me if you want! I'm 100% vulnerable now!

He turned to face Annabeth and took her hand. He pointed at the Little Rome. "Look over there. When I first came here... Well, you know, I had no memories. But I never forgot about you. And I kept thinking how much you would like the city. I even thought... this could be our oasis of peace when this is over."

"I don't know if this will ever end" She replied. "Percy... I'm scared"

He gripped her hand more tightly "You won't be harmed now, Wise Girl."

"No. I know. You will." She whispered back. Percy noticed she was trembling and wrapped her in a hug.

" Don't worry about me. Nothing will happen to me if you are around"

She breathed in his ear  "That's the point!"

Before Percy could think anything else, Annabeth kissed him. Now he really felt like he had a seaweed brain. The kiss was so full of emotion and tenderness... It was like Annabeth wanted to express how much she loved him. The thought sent a wave of warmth through his whole body. She loves me, he thought. He kissed her back, as if he was saying: I love you too. They stood there, embraced, for what seemed ages.Percy kissed her forehead, her eyes, her nose, her lips... even her neck.  Then her lips again. Percy kissed Annabeth lovingly. Until now, he hadn't dared to say the three words. But now he would tell her. Annabeth seemed to get to the same thoughts. She pulled Percy apart with love shining in her eyes and opened her mouth, but Percy spoke first.

"Annabeth I— I love you."

Annabeth hugged him fiercely. She was shaking again. "I love you too Perce... but that will only make things worse."

Startled, Percy asked "What do you mean?"

But Annabeth wasn't there anymore. She was gone.

Percy heard Gaea's voice laughing as he crouched to pick the only thing Annabeth had left. It was her owl-shaped medal.In the back he read:

                                                D.O.D. in G.

                              and:           Percy.

                                                run.

Now Percy got it: Annabeth had left with some loyal purpose. She was probably trying to protect him... And Percy cried. Cause he understood Annabeth was gone now. And he would probably never see her again. He fell in his knees and buried his face in his hands, praying that she would be okay.

He stopped crying when he heard the whisper behind him. Perseus... The voice called his name again and again... The air wrapped him in its overwhelming dance, undoing his hair beyond the possible. Then Percy heard it. It was a song in greek:

μόλις βάλω το κεφάλι σας πίσω τώρα

Μην την αφήσετε να πάει με την αυγή

Καταπολέμηση μέχρι το τέλος για την αγάπη

Τύχη και μπορεί να σας δώσει κάποια τύχη

Somehow, Percy knew what the song said:

Just lay your head back now

Don't let her go with the dawn

Fight to the end for love

and Tyche might give you some luck.

Tyche. What on Earth was that? A sickness? Geez, now Percy didn't understand. Tyche.

He put Annabeth's owl bead  in his leather necklace and breathed deeply. There was just one way to bring her back.

Rome.

Tyche... really? 

With the name in his head, he ran to find the others.