Annabeth- Chapter 17

• Dedicated to Mayela Vera Fernandez

 Now, last chapter was good, but not so good. I'm really really proud of this one, to be honest :) please VOTE and COMMENT!!! I love you all guys for reading!!!

Oh! another thing! Please check out my new cover of The House of Hades! Hope you like it!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy.

BIG. CLIFFIE. AHEAD.

DO NOT READ IF YOU HATE CLIFFHANGERS!!! muajajajaja :b

xBookEaterx out.

Peace out, yours in demigodishness and all.

-Annabeth-

Annabeth tumbled. Her backpack grew heavier with every step.

Run.

 Dodge.

 Breathe.

 Remember.

 Those were some examples of the things that were in Annabeth's mind. When she woke up her mom had asked her to hurry. She was supposed to meet some group of demigods in Rome. The original Rome. Some Jason dude and a Percy guy. Oh! there was a Piper Annabeth already knew, and Leo. She didn't recall the other names. She was told that a satyr called Gleeson would be there as well. Grover had sent her an Iris message. Parts of it had been fuzzy, as if the goddess Iris had been distracted or something... Annabeth could hardly get few names and data, and that quick image of two green eyes full of sadness. Grover's eyes weren't green, were they?

She heard that squawk again. That stymphalian bird was still chasing her. She had hoped she would never meet one of those feather-shooting killer birds. She hid under a tree, her heart beating fast. Water. Her throat ached and she needed to drink something. She sat and opened the backpack, shaking away the feeling that she had done almost the same thing not long ago. The water was delicious and cold, which made her feel much better. But it wasn't only that, there was something else the water did that she couldn't name. It was something like— a pat in the cheek, a sensation of safety and comfort mixed with longing.

She put the bottle back into the knapsack. Her fingers met a paper. She took it out. The picture showed a handsome guy wearing a crazy and goofy expression. His green eyes were cute, but very, very sad. She wondered why on Earth did she have that picture. She saw another one inside her bag. She took it out but a rush of wind snatched it from her fingers.

"What? Agh! Aeolus, you can't do this to me as you did with Leo!!! I WANTED TO SEE THAT PICTURE! GIVE IT BACK!" Another gust of wind made her shiver as it caressed her skin, taunting her. Annabeth smacked her neck, trying to hit the wind. Coming from a daughter of Athena, it wasn't a clever or cunning thing to do. Her neck now felt hot, and she was sure the mark of her hand would stay in her skin for a long while, somehow. "WHY DID YOU TAKE IT FROM ME?!" she shouted to the sky. She realized her mistake too late. The stymphalian bird had heard her. Its eyes spotted her.

"Oops" Annabeth blurted as she hung her backpack in her shoulders . Then she ran.

QUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWW! The bird squawked, approaching at an appalling speed. Annabeth plunged even deeper into the forest. Her skin tingled, she felt fear in her whole body. She had never gone into any quest alone. She had always had her best friend beside her. Grover had always been there. Other demigod had come with them, but she couldn't remember who — nor she cared. Everything had happened so long ago...

Annabeth jumped a branch, dodged an animal that looked like a rat, grabbed a rock, and sought shelter, praying to the gods to grant her find it. But apparently, they were deaf. Annabeth fell and bit the dust.