Percy- Chapter 22

Hello again guys! It's been too freaking long- I know, and I'm sorry. I'm just glad I finally could finish writing this chapter. I'm not sure it's actually that good, but things have been set in motion again for this story :D
I wanted to give special thanks to demigod08, Books123_Love, mgirlsrock, Defineweird, Megan__101, and favorite427, whose comments snapped me back into action :D Really, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL YOU SAID!!!! Thanks to all of you who commented those last chapters- you all helped me a lot to go through my AWFUL writer's-block with this story. I was so moved for seeing you still wanna read... You gave me the motivation to not just drop it, and for that I'm thankful! I know it's been like- more than a whole freaking year since I last updated, but the fact that you are still watching out for the next chapter makes me really happy! So, for you, I'll try to make more updates. I hope it turns out well :s

I really hope you enjoy this chappie- I'm already working on the next one, which, I hope, will be a lot better :)

I love you guys!

xBookEaterx out.

(Gosh, it feels good to write this again!)

The Mark of Athena

Chapter 22

Percy

Looking down, the island seemed a small maroon spot in the middle of nothing. Empty. Peaceful.

But Percy knew that was far from the truth. His eye was trained enough to realize there was a slight movement everywhere down there.

The demigods were still cheering, and the Argo II slowly approached land. Feeling Leo's presence beside him, Percy suddenly frowned. Only Leo was there. Hazel was somewhere around there, he knew, and Frank probably was guarding her. But, where was Jason? And Reyna and Piper? He hadn't seen them in a while. They were always near battle, but looking around for them among the people in deck, Percy couldn't find them. He turned to Leo, who seemed to be thinking the same thing.

"I'll look for them. Get the Argo II ready. I'll come back before we land." Percy said. Leo just nodded. Percy sprinted for the stairs, his breathing becoming labored because of his bandaged wound as he made his way through the crowd. He silently cursed the guy with the Owly eyes for attacking him. He made it to the steps, his mind vaguely wondering where Owly was, and he descended as quickly as he could the gods-damned steps. A female scream reached his ears.

Piper.

He reached the bottom and dashed for the hallway of the infirmary, stopping dead in his tracks at the scene that met his view: Piper pinned against the wall by a set of hands that were choking her. A set of hands that belonged to... Reyna? Percy was suddenly dumbfounded and he couldn't move.

Reyna was screaming now: "Who are you working for now, huh? GAEA?! Is that it? Not only are you a thief, but a STUPID DAMNED TRAITOR!" with each of the last words Reyna crashed Piper against the wall time and again.

Piper's face was growing purple, and she was scratching Reyna in the face with fury.

"STOP, REYNA, PIPER, STOP!" suddenly Percy realized Jason was there, trying to pry them apart, but to no avail: Reyna was a roman, and she was far too strong and stubborn. The realization made Percy go out of his stupor and run to them, shouting:

"REYNA, PIPER, STOP THIS NOW!" his voice was cold and dangerous. To watch two of his friends attack each other made his blood boil. He felt murderous, and it gave him the strength enough to whack them apart. The two girls hit both sides of the hallway, leaving a stunned and pale Jason in front of Percy, who was panting, his wound taking its toll on him. Percy fiercely looked around, at Reyna and Piper, who were slumped in opposite sides of the corridor, staring at each other with their eyes in slits.